𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

"ricky cheated on me."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 in the room fell silent, including emma; emma knew that ricky was part of the reason why her sister came home crying last night, and why she had a mental breakdown that morning, but what she didn't know was he actually cheated on her. from what she knew, she assumed that they were already broken up and he just moved on really easily; not that he had the guts to cheat on nini.

what happened to forever and always? the promise they made when they were kids? nini questioned to herself.

"oh honey, come here." mama c pleaded, engulfing her daughter in a loving hug, rubbing her soft palms against her back, letting nini sob harshly into her shoulder. she looked back over to her wife, nini still melted into her arms, only to see dana with an unreadable expression on her face. it wasn't filled with sympathy, it was more filled with an emotion she didn't usually see come from her wife. it was like, guilt?

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

𝐌𝐀𝐌𝐀 𝐃 had left the room, claiming she had an important phone call to make, so that left it to just the three of them, carol,emma and nini. nini was still a saddened mess, but feeling the slightest bit better than earlier, having told her family.

"wait, is this why you came home crying last night? and why you passed right by my room instead of coming in to talk about your night like you always did when you got home from ricky's?" emma blurted out in the midst of the awkward silence. mama c immediately turned her head towards her daughter, confused as to what she was going on about, but then realising she was probably already asleep by the time nini got home last night.

nini merely nodded, not even having the energy to ask how she knew because crying took up a lot of her willpower, it literally drains you inside and out.

"neens, you could've told me." emma let a little tear fall down her cheek as she stood up to go hug her sister tightly. she was a little upset that nini didn't talk to her about it last night, but at the same time she knew that nini probably wasn't in the right headspace to put her emotions into words. at least she knew now. "i love you, so much."

"i love you more, em."