31- Will You?

Spring, my favorite time of year- seeing the cherry blossoms bloom then falling from the tree. The spring concert in a few days, I was staring at the grounded beans in the pour over,

    "Earth to Mika" I looked up to see Dai holding hot water, "The concert is coming up right?"

    "Yeah" I don't think I was too nervous or if I was I did not want to think about it. I stared at my hands, I never wore rings or did my nails. My hands were just tan, skinny, and long. Nothing fancy about them, Nani always wore a couple of plan silver rings on her thumb and middle fingers when she went out. I kept thinking about wanting to commit to Nani, but I don't know when the best time would be and what ring she would even want. If I would get us matching rings or not. I finished the pour over and handed it to the person who was waiting.

    "Dai" He looked over at me, "Say you wanted to get someone else a ring maybe like you know, an engagement ring. I mean what would you get them or like when would you give the ring to that person. Would you propose or just give it to them?" I kept stumbling on my words while trying to ask him this.

    He was looking at me with a smirk on his face, "You want to purpose to your girlfriend?"

    I could feel my face turn red, "I think so yeah" I poured myself a latte, "I want to marry her."

    He smiled, "Then do it, there never will be a perfect time, even if there was, it is for you to decide when that perfect time will be."

    "Where do I go to buy the rings?"

    He laughed, "I can come with you"

    That night when we closed the cafe I followed Dai across the city to a jewelry store in Chuo City in Tokyo, the store was called Piaget. The store was white and gold, I felt under dressed when we walked in.

    "Welcome" A women with long black hair and round glasses that wore a blue blouse greeted us, "And what are you two looking for?"

    "Engagement rings" I felt a little intimidated saying this. I knew I was going to buy the two engagement rings using my father's allowance that he gave me every year, which was way more than I needed. I never used the money he gave me, which ended up being over fifty seven yen, over five hundred thousand dollars in U.S dollars from the years I saved up his money.

    The lady walked us over to the engagement rings, "I would recommend maybe a Dimond ring for you miss" She looked over to Dai, "And maybe a silver band for you."

    I looked over at Dai whose face was starting to turn red then looked back at the lady, "Oh he isn't the other person."

    "Oh sorry, well I would recommend a silver band, do you know his ring size?"

    "Yeah a size eight"

    She took out a silver band, "A size eight for a man is pretty small."

    I pointed to the ring that stood out to me the most, an Emerald shape diamond ring on a silver band, "What about this one?"

    She took it out, "What size are you?"

    "Seven" I tried on the ring and thought about what Nani would like, maybe diamonds on the band as well as the diamond ring, "Do you have this, but with a Diamond pave band?"

    "Yes of course" She went to the back and came out with the ring.

    "Do you have this in an eight?" I asked.

    "I would recommend you go with a seven for you."

    "It's for my partner."

    She looked shocked after I said this, she walked back and brought the emerald shape diamond ring with a diamond pave band in Nani's size.