L

Giovanni Segreto

After Xena met her brother Nico and found out Cora is her sister, her mood boosted as I expected. All the guests have officially arrived including my whole family.

I’m with Xena at the bar, she’s currently drinking a glass of vodka and red wine.

“Dad wants to talk to you Gio,” Matteo walks up to Xena and I. “Xena you look divine, darling.”

“Is it important?” I give him a glare as he kisses Xena’s forehead.

“Yes, it’s about the deal with Silas,” he says lowly as more people come to the bar. I make sure to keep Xena close to me as she finishes her drink.

“Watch her,” I prompt Matteo. He wraps his arm around her waist making her roll her eyes. I lean down and give her a quick kiss before going to my father.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xena Valentino

“Matteo be careful, you’re drinking a lot,” I warn Matteo as he finishes his 3rd drink. Vanni hasn't been gone for too long but long enough for me to miss him.

“Xena,” I hear my name being called, turning around I smile at Nico as he approaches Matteo and I. “Matteo, how is everything?” My brother questions Matteo. They begin a boring conversation about business and etc.

I begin to walk away to go find Vanni. There aren’t a lot of people here, maybe a little over 150. Earning the stares of each person I pass by, I begin to feel uncomfortable within the crowd. I finally come to an area with many decorated tables. As I look around my eyes land on Vanni as he talks with his father. They look deep in conversation so I decide to distract myself for a few minutes.

Sitting down at the nearest table I play with the top of my dress. Suddenly I see a shadow directly over me. Looking up I see a rather large man directly in front of me. He looks a bit older than Vanni, his presence immediately gives me off vibes.

“Aren’t you a pretty thing, it’d be a shame if something happened to you,” his raspy voice grumbles.

Standing up, I glare at him. “It’s a shame nothing will happen to me isn’t it.” I challenge him. He’s a few inches taller than me but being intimidated by him is below me.

“I see why he likes you, you're such a ball of fire. Sadly, he won’t have you for much longer,” he smirks in response.

Reminding myself of the gun on my thigh I don’t break eye contact with him. “Who are you and why are you so sure of yourself?”

His smirk grows, “Ethan Parker, nice to meet you, Xena, I’ve heard so much about you. Unfortunately, I can’t answer your second question but I can say you’ll find out very soon. Sooner than you think in fact.”

My eyebrows furrow but I quickly realize what’s going on when I begin to see him reach inside his coat slowly. I quickly slide the gun out from underneath my dress and take the safety off. In less than seconds, we’re pointing guns at each other. This gains the attention of the crowd as all eyes fall on us.

“What the fuck is going on?” Vanni shouts as he comes behind the man while holding a gun to the side of his head.

“Giovanni Segreto! I should’ve known you had eyes on her. She’s a real beauty. I can’t wait till he gets his hands on her.” Ethan states menacingly. I raise my gun to his temple as he keeps a firm hold on his.

“Ethan, you and your brother are always causing problems. I should’ve killed you so long ago,” Vanni chuckles to himself at the end.

“You and Clyde used to be best friends! I wonder what happened.”

Before I could blink Vanni pistol-whips him right before all hell breaks loose.