L

Xena Valentino

"May you zip it up, Vanni?" I hum as I finish putting on the last bit of nude lipstick on.

He comes from the room and into the bathroom right after, as he approaches me from behind we meet each other's eyes in the mirror. "You look stunning, little rose," he smirks as zips the back up slowly, his eyes never leaving mine. Feeling my cheeks heat up I tilt my neck as he starts to place small kisses down it. A small moan comes out as he begins sucking on my sweet spot.

"Vanni, we don't have time we have to leave," I whimper as I start to squeeze my thighs together. The shower sex was good enough to make me want even more. We would've had more time but we needed to get ready.

"Before we leave I have a few things to give you," he tells me as he makes me face him.

Reaching inside his pocket he pulls out a box and holds it out for me. Opening it I see a diamond bracelet along with a matching necklace. I have to tell myself not to cry as I look up at him. No one has ever done anything like this for me before, when I look up at him he takes the necklace and signals me to turn around. As he puts it around my neck we meet eyes in the mirror once again. He then puts the bracelet on my right wrist for me.

"Vanni, no one makes me as happy as you. You're the only person who has the ability to make my world brighter," I state genuinely.

"One more thing," he mentions before pulling out a white box. He places it on the counter then opens it, inside there's a red gun with the letters "XV", in black on the side of it.

"I love it," I express.

"Tuck it into your garter, I want it on you at all times. Remember when we spent the day at the gun range?" I nod. "Use the move I taught you if you're ever in danger. I have all my men on stand-by just in case, remember to stay by my side. No wandering off. I mean it. We're leaving no later than 12 o'clock." Vanni finishes sternly.

Moving my dress up I put the gun safely in my garter. "Are we ready, Vanni?"

"Yes, we are, little rose."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we're pulling up I take in the huge castle in front of us. Everything about it is beautiful, as we come to a stop in front of the stairway leading up to the door Vanni opens the door for me and I get out of the limo, quickly grabbing a hold of his hand as the driver pulls off.

"Remember what I told you earlier, little rose," he whispers in my ear as guards let us inside. Giving him a quick nod, I take a second to admire the room. It's elegant and huge, saying this is a ballroom would be an understatement. Core definitely outdid herself.

I'm knocked out of my trance as a guard walks up to us signaling us to follow him. We follow him upstairs and down the hall into an enormous office.

"I wanted to meet alone," the man in the chair states gesturing to me.

"Xena's the queen of my mafia, anything you have to say can be said in front of her," Vanni chimes as he leans down and kisses my forehead, instantly giving me butterflies.

"Silas Valentino, nice to meet you," he reaches his hand out to mine as we sit down in the chairs in front of him.

"Xena Valentino," I confirm as I take in his facial features. I can't help but notice the resemblance between us, plus the familiar look he has. Taking note I think about everything my mom told me about my dad when she wasn't strung out on drugs.

"As you know my son is going to be taking over soon, I want this transition to be as smooth as possible. You can help with that, all I'm asking for is allegiance. We've been playing nice but I want us to officially become allies. Before you answer I want you to read this before," Silas confesses as he hands Vanni a folder.

As he reads through it I notice his eyebrows furrow as he looks between me and the folder. Then it clicks.

"Silas is my dad isn't he?" I turn to Vanni with desperate eyes. My mom always told me my father was a danger to us, I thought she was crazy. She was right. Turning to Silas I furrow my eyebrows. "You're telling me that the only reason I'm finding out who my father is, is because you want to be allied with my boyfriend? You're fucking delusional." I shout at him as I feel my heart sink.

"I'm so sorry. I had a plan to tell you, but then you met Vanni and I didn't want to add to the mess but now it's inevitable. I left to protect you, your siblings couldn't get protected but I had a chance with you. I never wanted you to be in the mafia life but then you were dragged into it overnight," he glares at Vanni. "All I want is a chance to be your father," he pleads.

"You had that chance but it's passed. I don't know if you can tell but I'm an adult now. The person who wanted a father is gone," taking notice of the contract in front of me I begin to feel used. "Sign the contract so we can leave," I tell Vanni whose been strangely quiet throughout this whole conversation.

"If I sign this he's going to become a part of our life, little rose. Are you sure?" he asks me.

"Silas' son is technically my brother and as much as I dislike him, my brother didn't do anything. This allegiance would help my brother out the most," I say honestly.

"I'll look over it more later, for now, I think she should meet her siblings," Vanni turns to me and I give him a look of approval.

"My guard will take you," Silas looks at me for a second. "I love you, Xena."

With that Vanni and I walk out the door silently.