30: Will

"By the Angel what's happening to her?" I said very panicked.

Cecily was collapsed in Gabriel's arms, with her eyes gently closed.

"I don't know." Gabriel said while looking at Cecily worriedly.

"Let's leave and take her to the hospital." Tessa said, and we quickly left.

Awkwardly, Gabriel and I had to share the same horse. He rode the horse, as I held Cecily. As we rode to the hospital, I looked down at Cecily. Her face was soft, and it reminded me of my childhood.

I had always felt very protective over Cecily. Even when we were children I was always protecting her, and helping her. I was always the one who would clean her scrapes and cuts. My father and mother said they would do it, but I always insisted that I did.

The only time I remember being angry with Cecily, was when she pushed me into the pond with the ducks in it. I supposed I deserved it though, I did tease her a fair amount. When I left to go join the Shadowhunters, I had missed her dearly.

"We're here." Tessa called from beside us.

The big building came into view, and the three of us hurried inside. We put her down on a bed, and suddenly Brother Enoch appeared beside us.

"What is the problem?" His voice said.

"She just collapse." Gabriel said frantically.

"I will take a look at her." Brother Enoch said and the three of us walked out.

Outside the door, Gabriel started to pace back and forth, very worriedly. I just stared off into space. She's going to be okay, I said to myself.

"I'll go get everyone else." Tessa said softly, and then she left.

Gabriel and I were silent for a few minutes.

"I should be in there with her." He said half bitterly half sadly.

"Brother Enoch wouldn't let you." I said.

He sighed frustratedly. "What if she isn't okay?" Gabriel said worriedly.

"If anything happens to her, I-I don't know what I'll do with myself." He whispered sadly.

Right then and there, I saw that Gabriel really did love Cecily. Maybe all this time I had misjudged him. Maybe he really was good for my sister.

"She will okay Gabriel." I assured him confidently.

"How can you be sure?" He asked weakly.

"Because I know Cecily. She's one of the strongest people I know, not to mention stubborn." I said with a bit of a smile.

Gabriel chuckled a bit. "I won't argue with that."

We were silent, then.

"You know Will, your not as bad as I had thought. And I apologize, for everything I have said in the past." Gabriel said.

I was a bit shocked. "I am sorry as well, for everything that I have done." I said.

"I don't blame you for doing what you did to Tatiana. She's crazy." He muttered and I laughed.

"Well I am sorry for breaking your arm, regardless." I chuckled a bit.

Gabriel just laughed. Maybe he and I really did have a chance at being friends.