32: Will

I walked into the infirmary feeling anxiety. Why did this have to be happening to Cecily? I walked to Cecily's bed and I got my first glimpse of her. Her hair was messy, and her usually bright blue eyes were dark with worry

"Gwilym." She said using my welsh name.

I was surprised, she hadn't used my welsh name in a few years.

"Cecy." I said sadly.

I sat down by her bed, and took her hand.

"What did you decide?" I whispered.

"I'm going to do it." She said with he voice cracking a bit.

"Cecily, are you sure? Brother Enoch said your life could be at risk." I said tearing up a bit.

"I have to do this, Will. I have to at least try and save my daughter." Cecily said crying a bit.

"Gabriel said that he's not sure if he wants you too." I said.

"He knows that I'm going to do, he just can't accept it." She said.

"Cecily, I don't know if this a good idea." I said worriedly.

"Do you remember what mum used to say to us?" Cecily said.

"Weithiau mae'n rhaid i chi aberthu gyfer y rhai yr ydych by caru." I said in welsh.

"Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the people you love." Cecily said in English.

"My whole life, I had never understood what she had meant by that. Now I do, I have to make a sacrifice for the one I love Will, my child." She said with a tear running down her cheek.

"What if you don't make it?" I said as my voice cracked and finally a tear rolled down my face.

Cecily put her hand on my cheek. "I'll be okay."

"Promise me." I said.

"I promise Will." She said with a small smile.

We were then both silent.

"I wish I could have protected you from this." I said weakly.

"This is the one thing you cannot protect me from." She said sadly.

I just stayed silent, I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

"You've changed so much Will." Cecily said. "You aren't the same boy you were when I had first come to the Institute. Do you want to know why you've changed?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because of Tessa." She said with a smile. "Tessa saved you, in a way. And she will be there to save you again, if I......" She trailed off.

"Don't talk like that Cecy." I said.

Then the door opened, and Brother Enoch walked in.

"It is time for you all to leave, Cecily needs her rest for tomorrow." He said and he left us alone again to say goodbye.

I turned back to Cecily, and she was crying. I hugged her tightly, and she hugged me back.

"Rwyf wrth fy modd i chi." She said in welsh, with a small smile.

"I love you too Cecily." I said.

I then started to walk away, and I couldn't not bring myself to look back.