14: Isabelle

Alec, Clary, Henry, Charlotte, Gabriel, Cecily, Will, Tessa, and I all stood outside the infirmary waiting for Brother Enoch to call us back in.

I was standing beside Clary, holding her hand. She was shaking from worry, and I wasn't to far from that either. Something always happened to Jace, why couldn't it happen to me instead?

"Hey, he's gonna be okay Clary." I tried to comfort her.

She just smiled weakly at me, and returned to staring off into space. What Clary did for Jace saved his life. That's why I thought they were so good for each other, they willing to risk their lives for each in a heart beat.

Suddenly the door opened, and Brother Enoch stepped outside.

"What's wrong with him?" Clary demanded right away.

"As you know, a few years Jace was bound to Sebastian Morgensten." His voice rang in our heads. "It seems that Sebastian's presence has not fully gone away."

"What?!" I said alarmed.

"That's why Jace kept spacing out." Will realized. "He kept seeing Sebastian."

"Is there anyway to fix it?" Clary asked frantically.

"Yes. Jace will have to come to the Silent City for a day, and the Silent Brothers and I can perform treatment on him." Brother Enoch spoke.

Clary sighed. "Yes, we will do that."

About an hour later, Jace and Brother Enoch left to the Silent City. Clary had wanted to be alone, so she went to her room and I left to mine.

Suddenly my cell phone rang.

"Hello?" I said.

"Izzy." My mothers voice rang out from the other line.

"Oh hey mom." I said. "How are you calling me? There's no telephone service in Idris."

"Jia Penhallow let me use the telephone." She explained. "How have you Alec, and Jace been?"

I then explained what had happened to Jace, not mentioning that people from the 1800's were visiting (again).

"Oh no." My mother said worried. "I feel so guilty that I'm not there."

"It's okay mom. He has me, Alec and Clary." I said.

We were both silent for a moment.

"How's dad?" I blurted out.

My mom seemed surprised. "He's fine honey. He's very busy, being the inquisitor and all."

"I haven't seen him in awhile." I said a bit sadly.

" I know honey, he's trying his best to come back and visit." She said sadly.

" I know." I mumbled.

We then talked for about another half hour, then hung up. I got into bed that night feeling a little sad. I really missed my parents being here.

That night I dreamt about, my parents not being divorced and like most nights , I dreamt about Max.