23: Tessa

I walked down to breakfast the night after Clary and Jace's reception. We all got back to the Institute very late last night.

When I got to the dining room, only Isabelle sat there.

"Hello." I said while taking a seat across from her.

"Hey." She said while smiling.

Not until now, had I noticed how much she looked like Cecily. They had the same jet black hair, and the same cheek bones. The only thing that was different was their eyes. While Cecily's were a crystal blue like Will's, Isabelle's were a deep brown. Almost black even.

"Last night was quite the party." Isabelle said.

"Yes it was." I said while smiling.

A few minutes later, everyone slowly walked into the dining. The last one to arrive was Cecily. The only seat that was available was directly across from Will. When she sat down she didn't look at Will, and she was silent.

"What's wrong with Cecily?" I asked Will a bit worriedly.

Will eyes narrowed. "Her and I got into an argument last night at the reception."

"What about?" I asked.

"Gabriel." He said and I immediately understood.

Cecily had been trying to get Will to like Gabriel ever since they had gotten married. Will though, would not budge. I felt bad for Cecily, Will wasn't always the easiest person to deal with.

After breakfast I went to library and read "A Tale of Two Cities." Every time I read this book, I was reminded of Will's letter to me. It was one of the sweetest thing that anyone had ever done for me.

About halfway into the book, I started to get very bad stomach pains. I put down my book, and went to Will and I's room to lay down. After ten minutes I fell asleep.

I woke up to searing pain, in my stomach and I knew exactly what it was. I was going into labour. I screamed because of the pain. Clary heard my scream and ran into my room.

"Tessa! Are you okay?" She asked frantically.

"I'm going into labour." I said as another contraction came.

"By the Angel." She said. "Jace!" She called.

Jace showed up a minute later, and ran over to Clary.

"What is it?" He asked a bit panicked.

"Go call the Silent brothers, and Jem and find Will. Tessa's going into labour." Clary said and Jace ran off.

"It's okay Tessa, your going to be fine." Clary comforted me.

I hope so, I thought.