| Chapter 8 |

"Are you sure there's still no one you like, Haruna?" Chiyo all but whines.

"I've told you" I sigh, we've been through this so many times, especially when Chiyo gets bored, "I haven't been here long enough to like anyone."

"What about Saiki – you two walked off together at the beach," Kokomi suggests, with a hint of something in her voice. Does she like him?

"We're just friends." I groan, "and sometimes I've even unsure if we're even that close."

Kokomi thinks for a moment before suggesting, "Maybe someone in the gardening club?"

"That's right! There must be someone cute there, right?"

"No, Chiyo. I don't really talk to anyone there besides Mera."

She turns into a pouty child at this, "well, who knows. Maybe your future boyfriend could walk through that door today."

"What?"

"Didn't you hear?" Kokomi wonders, tilting her head, "we're getting a new transfer, and it's a boy."

I roll my eyes, "I've never had a crush on anyone before, and I doubt today will change that."

Chiyo seems petrified in shock, "W-wait never?"

I shrug, "unless you mean like anime characters and stuff like that. But yeah, no real people. Ever. Maybe they just aren't my thing."

"I-impossible" she whispers, walking away as we all head to our seats.

I sit behind Kaido, tapping him on the shoulder, "hey, did you know about the transfer?"

He spins around, "yeah, didn't you?"

"No, but do you know what this means?"

"Uh. Our student population will grow by one?"

"No, dummy." I sigh, before grinning, "it means I'm no longer the newbie!"

He shakes his head, before turning his attention to the front of the room. I watch along as the teacher leads in the new student. He's got rectangular glasses, purple hair, and is overly stiff. She gives the normal talk, before asking him to write his name on the board. He does. Kuboyasu was here.

He seems rather funny, tagging his name like that. But it's only there for a second, before he realizes and erases it. Then he does something even more amusing, "what's up, homies?"

I can't help but to cover my mouth. The whole class erupts into lighthearted laughter. It seems like he's making quite the impression. I really hope I wasn't that strange or awkward when I introduced myself. I mean he seems so stiff. And then when he says or does something, he seems to panic. Maybe he's just that nervous? I mean, I was very nervous. Maybe he's got bad nerves too. It would make sense.

The teacher places him in the back of the class, two seats behind me and to my left. With that done, we begin class. As per usual, I kind of just stare out the window and doodle, hoping the teacher never calls on me.

The new kid is quick to go to the bathroom no sooner there's a break and I can't help but feel a little bad for him. I mean, it's his first day and already he seems like he wants to escape the class. Hopefully we aren't that bad as a class, and it's just his nerves.

After our first few classes, it's break time. Chiyo and Kokomi pair off and begin gossiping – I think. Either that or plotting how to get Chiyo and Kaido together. Which I'd gladly help with, only I'm busy finishing my doodle from the middle of class. It's a tree surrounded by other smaller plants – mainly vines.