| Chapter 10 |

My brother's voice pulls me out of the world of Exforce, "Haru! Is it dinner time yet?"

Crap. "Kaido, I have to go for dinner – I might be back on later tonight, I don't know though. Still have to do homework."

"Ah, that's ok. I should probably get off too since we were already up late once this week– my mom will kill me if it happens again."

We both bid goodbye to our silent tank friend, who finally decided to join our guild this time. With that, I log out and head downstairs. Time to make dinner.

"Dai, I don't know how you survived before me."

He just shrugs, "Uh, takeout?"

"Actually, you know what – that sounds like a good idea. Order us a pizza."

"While I do that, you test this, since you forgot the other day" he demands, handing me a bracelet before pulling out his phone to call the pizza place.

I examine the weird thing in my hand. It's silver metal. Kind of heavy. Cold. Very cold. And it's buzzing. Like it's electric. "this isn't going to shock me or anything, right?"

He waves dismissively, "yeah could I get a cheese pizza."

Sighing, I put the bracelet on. It feels weird, humming against my wrist. I can't hear it really, but I sure feel it. It also doesn't feel cold anymore. Warmer. Slightly warmer than my skin.

"So?"

"So what?" I question, looking up at my brother.

"Try something. Make a plant grow or make a small tornado or whatever."

I sigh, shaking my hands before holding them out in front of me. One on top of the other, separated by quite a bit of space. A deep breath. Focus, Haru. Make the air swirl.

I blink, astonished at the quick response. A tiny tornado appears before getting stronger and stronger. Thankfully it stays between my hands.

"It works!" Dai shrieks.

I almost jump at his excitement, "so what is it?"

He shrugs handing me a glass of water, "asked dad for your biometrics and stuff. Figured I'd make you a focus."

"You did what?" I almost spit out my first mouthful of water, "I thought you said you were never talking to dad again."

"Yeah. Well. He has all your biological data. Brainwaves, your body's patterns, and things. I'm not really into all that, so I just took what I needed."

"I" So many words cycle through my brain. Why? I mean it could be useful. But like, I also feel violated in some way.

"He's been trying to figure you out since you were born. How to seal away your abilities so you could lead a normal life. I don't really agree with that, so I'm trying to help you get stronger." Dai just shrugs again, "so do you like it?"

"I uh, I mean there's less of a delay. Less begging. It kind of just. Appeared when I wanted it to."

"Good. Well. That's all I needed you for, so uh you can do your homework or whatever. Pizza will be here in like fifteen minutes."

I nod, finish the water, and walk up the stairs to my room. Well. That whole thing was awkward. Sighing, I walk over to my bed to pet a sleeping Kuro. Such a good void demon kitty.

My phone rings from my desk, shattering the silence. I pick it up, with an "uh. Hi?"

"Haruna! I meant to talk to you at school, but you left before I could find you!"