| Chapter 14 |

I wake up groggily to a phone full of texts. Almost all of them are from Chiyo with a few from Kokomi. Looks like they both were planning to go for coffee again via the group chat. And it looks like they want to meet up at noon, and it's uh. I check my phone.

Eleven. Great.

Sighing, I get up – careful to not disturb a sleeping Kuro – and begin getting ready for the day.

Shower. Clothing. Brush teeth. Fix hair. Throw some eyeshadow on my eyelids just for a little something.

Like with my powers, I've been trying to get better at the whole 'light daily makeup' thing, but so far all I've mastered is blending three colors of eyeshadow with my fingers in the morning. I don't think it looks terrible, and thankfully it doesn't look like too much. It's just weird still.

After one final look in the mirror, to make sure that I look at least semi-decent, I grab my messenger bag and head downstairs. I'm quick to write Dai a note, before heading out the door. The outside air is a sharp contrast from the chilled air of the house, and I can't help but appreciate myself for grabbing the jean shorts instead of normal jeans. Taking a deep breath of fresh air, I begin walking to the coffee shop.

It doesn't take long for me to feel tired and out of breath, so I make a quick stop at a corner store to buy myself the largest bottle of water they have. After paying, I continue on my journey, sipping casually so as to not dehydrate. I've always wished to be more athletic, but any time I sweat I almost immediately get dehydrated. That paired with the fact that my lungs literally can't handle running, made it impossible for me to consider doing sports. I even have to take it lightly during gym classes. A strange trade-off for my strange powers, I guess.

"Haru!" The familiar voice of Kokomi pulls me out of my thoughts, "You made it – we were worried you wouldn't show up since you didn't respond."

I walk a little quicker to catch up to where she and Chiyo are standing – right outside the coffee shop, "sorry – I didn't even think to message."

"It's fine - I'm just glad you're here" Chiyo grins, "I don't think I could've waited till Monday!"

I give her a quizzical look before following Kokomi into the coffee shop. We all sit at the very same spot as if it's our assigned table. The waiter comes over quickly, taking our orders. Like last time, it's like the other two have theirs rehearsed.

Again, I take a little more time to look at the menu, finally deciding on a matcha latte with two pumps of vanilla flavoring. Once the waiter leaves, both girls look at me with wildly excited eyes.

"Are...are you two alright" I can't help but be concerned with their faces like that.

"Haru your love life just went from bland" Chiyo grins, "to completely spiced - did you see how many guys blushed at your piano playing during the pageant? You have so many possibilities - I'm almost jealous."

Kokomi nods, "it's true. I do believe the pageant helped to bring out your beauty."

I sigh, elbow on the table, resting my head on an open palm, "look, that's nice and all, I guess. I'm just. I'm still new."

"There's even potential for a romance with someone in your inner circle" Chiyo grins, her excitement cutting me off.

"Even if there were" I sigh, "it's still too soon, isn't it? I mean, I feel like I barely know anyone."

Kokomi seems kind of taken aback, "you're not even curious?"

I turn to look at the wall, "so what if someone blushed at me? So what if they've got a crush? It doesn't mean anything. People blush for a variety of reasons."