| Chapter 20 |

"Hey, Haru!" Chiyo says, bouncing over to me, "I know you're already in the gardening club, but I was wondering."

"Yes" I tilt my head to the side, continuing to walk to my lunch table, where the guys, minus Shun, are already sitting.

"Would you like to join the occult club with me?" she grabs my hands, and pulls me close, "I heard Kaido's joining. I want to get closer to him. Don't you think this will be a wonderful opportunity?"

She releases me, and I contemplate it. One look at her pleading face and sparkling eyes seals the deal, "fine. I'll at least give it a look."

"Yes! Thank you!"

I nod, before it sinks in. Gardening club takes place in shifts, once a week. That way we can all monitor the growth of the plants. Oh, and Mera – so she doesn't eat anything. Which she does, I've just been growing it back, which is exhausting, but it's been getting easier. Then usually two nights a week Shun and I are playing videogames - and that's not even counting weekends. I also usually try to take a minimum of a day every week to practice with my powers. So that's four nights a week taken up. I really hope the occult club only takes up one day's worth of space. But I guess I'll find that out in full when I go to the intro meeting. If it's too much, I'll just walk right back out. Hopefully, Chiyo will understand.

Taking a seat at the usual table, I find myself slowly eating the soup from my thermos. On the bright side, she did say Shun was going to be there. So maybe, we could decrease the time we play during the week to only one day since we're spending more time together in person. Or maybe we could just spread out our time online in smaller chunks. If we do that, then there's no real difference in time - should the occult club only take up one day. But what if it's more than that? I still need time to do homework too. Oh, and make sure Dai remembers to eat like a normal human being.

Shun takes a seat beside me, "uh, Haru, are you ok?"

"I'm fine, Shun" I wave him off and go back to eating.

Then he looks to Kuboyasu for an explanation, "eh? Well, Yumehara just asked her about joining the occult club later today while you were in the bathroom."

"Wait! You're joining the occult club too!" I can hear the excitement in Shun's voice.

I swallow my soup, almost choking on a large piece of seaweed, "I'm only looking into it because of Chiyo. I'm just hoping meetings aren't going to take up too much of my time."

That sends Shun into a ramble about his powers, and about how he thought I had abilities, or at the very least the aptitude to acquire some sort of power. Dark Reunion is brought up - and not the one from Exforce.

"Alrighty, Mr. Jet Black Wings," I sigh, "I'll look to join then. I'll play with my schedule a bit. Maybe switch some things around. At the very least you'll need supervision."

"And a healer in case any missions go awry!" his eyes lock onto me, as his finger points in my direction, "even though you always play as a rogue, I think you'd be good at it. You know, I don't know why I didn't see it sooner. The plants. And well, the plants. But it's ok, your secret's safe with me."

"Sure," I run my hands over my face, before packing up my lunch. I know he means well. I know no one here would really have a problem with it. With knowing. But I can't help but feel. Indescribably something.

"Wait! Haru!"

"I need to use the bathroom." And with that, I head out of the lunch room and straight to the girls' bathroom. Where I sit and wait till lunch is almost over. Then, I head back to the classroom.