Chapter 27

Hope was currently nuzzled against brown fluffy fur, this was their last night together like this before she had to return back to society.

She was nervous about things between them going back to how they were, so she just wanted to enjoy it while she could.

They were currently camped out on a cliff overlooking all of mystic falls, the view had put a lot of things into perspective for them over the last couple of days.

"Hope, you awake?"

"Jo, you know I am. My thoughts won't shut off."

"I wanted to talk to you about something, you probably won't like it. I know we have to head back first thing in the morning, but I was kinda hoping to stay like this a little bit longer. You have to go back because of the job, I don't have to be at orientation for another two weeks. There has been so much pent up emotions, I really needed this. While I am grateful you came along...I'd like to spend some more time like this before having to face the world again."

"Okay." Replied the tribrid.

The wolf just tilted her head in question, "you're not going to fight me on this?"

"No. You can take care of yourself and while every bone in my body is telling me this is a bad idea...I have to trust you. I don't want to control you, or make you do something you don't want to do. My father was ruthless for manipulating people like that, and while I do love my father..there's some footsteps of his that I don't want to follow in. If you need time to process this on your own away from me, I understand. Just know I'll be waiting for you to come home."

"Wow, I didn't think it would be that easy...is there a catch?"

"Just to check in with me every couple of days, so I know you're alright. I know with the bond, we can feel each other...but for my own sanity, just check in."

"I can do that."

"Jo, just promise you'll come back to me. This world is scary as it is...I don't think I can face it alone without you."

"I promise. Panda promise," the twin replied as she licked the snout of the white wolf.

Both girls nodded off to the warmth of each other.

The next morning, Hope was the first one to wake. Technically, she woke up in the middle of the night whimpering in her sleep.

She had transformed back and put some clothes on while she made her girlfriend some breakfast over the campfire.

When the twin awoke, she practically inhaled the food placed in front of her.

"Can you shift one more time before I go? I have something for you."

The brown furred wolf complied and dressed herself quickly before sitting next to the auburnette.

Hope pulled out a familiar item that the twin thought she left behind.

"This necklace saved your life before, as long as you're wearing it I will be able to find you. I know, we are parting ways for a bit but I just wanted you to be able to reach out to me if you need me. If you start to siphon from it, it will mimic the glow on mine." She said as she pulled on the chain of her most cherished item.

"When did you do all of this?" She asked as a yawn escaped from her lips.

"When I woke up last night. I needed something as an insurance policy just in case I can't decipher the bond."