Chapter 58

It was the beginning of May and Josie was trying to study for her final exams.

Trying being the keyword.

For the past two weeks Mystic Falls was undergoing a heat wave, to make things worse the full moon was tonight.

It's been 9 months since the brunette has been able to shift and she is due to give birth any day now.

Since werewolves run hot for the most part, this heat wave has been dreadful.

She could barely walk with the weight of the twins, she honestly felt like a balloon ready to pop.

Every few steps, she would have to pause to catch her breath. She couldn't focus on studying while being completely drenched in sweat.

It also didn't help that every hour or so she would get a sharp pain in her stomach, pressing on the area usually helped.

Luckily her thoughts were interrupted by her mother's ringtone going off.

"Hey honey, how are you feeling today?"

"I'm fine, mom."

"Is Hope around?"

"No, she went to work today. Lexi needed someone to run the front, while the delivery guy was there."

"I just wanted to thank you both for the flowers and fruit basket. They just came."

Josie was confused, did she forget something?

"Flowers?"

"Yeah, for Mother's Day. It's today."

"Oh shit! Completely forgot about it. Thank god, Hope at least remembered to send something. That also explains why Hope has been moody all day." She thought to herself.

"Yeah, no problem. Happy Mother's day!"

"You too, Josie. You're a mother now too. How is Hope holding up? I know back in high school she used to close herself off on this day."

Josie had forgotten that her wife had mentioned this, this weekend. She has been so caught up in her studies, it must have slipped her mind.

"I think she is going to be alright, she is gonna go on a run tonight after dinner."

"How's the nursing program? Are they taking it easy on you?"

"Yeah, luckily I clocked in the majority of the hours I needed for this semester at the beginning of this trimester. I can hardly walk let alone attend to anyone else at this point. I don't know how you did this with us."

"It wasn't easy but I had Stefan and your Aunt Elena. Speaking of which, she told me to let you know that she arrived this morning. She is going to take on a few cases that way when the twins come she is already up there."

"Good. Listen, I gotta get back to studying. I'll call you later tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day, again. I love you."

"I love you more," she emphasized before hanging up the other line.

It was about 20 more minutes of just staring at her textbook before she gave up and called Lizzie to pick her up and take her to Hope.

Unfortunately, the blonde was about to go to a lecture. She did however suggest a cold bath.

She needed to get out of this heat before she passed out.

As much as she would like to use magic to cool down, if she were to use any of the magic she siphoned from Hope this morning, it would be less for the twins to siphon from.