Chapter 56

Josie knew that Hope's shifts would run late, but this was worrying her.

She tried to stay up but the shift at the hospital kicked her ass.

It wasn't until almost 3am when she felt her wife's arms snake around her waist.

"Babe why are you just now getting in?"

"I uh-...there was a situation. We'll talk about it in the morning."

"No, if you don't now..you won't sleep, I have to go to the bathroom anyways. These babies are pushing against my bladder, just give me a second." She said as she pressed a kiss against the tribrid's forehead.

Unfortunately while she was in the bathroom she got sick and had to shower, it wasn't until she heard the curtain move that she was certain the aburnette had joined her.

Hope wrapped her arms around the brunette and kissed her shoulder.

"What happened tonight?"

"Not now..just let me hold you. I've missed you."

"I feel like it's been forever since it was just us."

"That's because it has been. I honestly just want to say fuck it, and not go to dinner tomorrow. Just us, I can cook for us and then we can stay in bed and watch movies all day."

The brunette pouted, "As much as I'd love for that to happen, we have that doctor's appointment with my Aunt tomorrow. We have to go up that way anyways. Lizzie will never let us live it down if she doesn't know the gender of these little ones as well."

"I'm not even sure I want to know what they are, either."

"Why not?" Asked the tribrid.

"The attachment...it was just before this time in the pregnancy last year when we could hear Olivia's heartbeat get stronger, when we picked her name. I just don't want to get attached to these two, and have something happen...I'm nervous and scared."

Hope turned Josie around to face her, while wrapping her arms around her wife's waist and pulling her closer so that their foreheads were touching.

"I understand, love. We can wait if that's what you want. As far as Lizzie and everyone else...they can wait too. We can go to the appointment, then to this dinner, it's just one night. Classes will start back up again Monday, so it can just be you and me this weekend."

The hybrid just closed the distance between them and let the water caress their bodies as they got lost in each other's embrace.

After a while, Hope had explained everything that went down between Maddie's brother at the bar and about Sophia's involvement.

He had given the tribrid the pendant to hold onto for safe keeping in case Sophia was the daughter of the police officer all those years ago.

She had promised she would help the siblings find out the truth so long as Conner agreed to reunite with his sister.

Josie was proud of her wife but it made her worried about being so close to the case.

They were going to plan to reunite the siblings tonight at dinner.

Hope was going to text them both to meet up with Lizzie; Elena did say it would be okay if they invited their friends to begin with.

They just didn't know what was in store for them, but the couple figured it would be better for them both if they had someone for the holidays.