Chapter 51

Hope was in the middle of a history lecture when she received a message from her wife, reminding her of the appointment.

They had the second ultrasound scheduled later that evening with the twin's aunt.

Josie was eight weeks pregnant with twins, unfortunately they weren't going to know the gender of them until the doctor revealed it.

They tried doing the spell Freya gave Hope during the first pregnancy and the answer was unclear. It kept on moving in both directions, so that either meant they were having both a boy and a girl or one of them would be like Hope.

At first the couple was worried about there being two with the merge and all but Hope knew that they would cross that bridge when it came time.

The two of them had made sure to use a couple of protection spells on both the twins and their mother to prevent anything like before from happening again.

When they initially got a positive pregnancy test, they were thrilled because they had been trying for so long but that brought up a lot of paranoia between the two girls.

Hope quickly responded to her wife's message before she felt a piece of paper hit her in the back of her head.

The tribrid turned around to find Penelope Park smirking at her.

She mouthed for Hope to open up the crumpled paper and when she did she grimaced at what she saw.

It was a poorly drawn family photo of Hope, Josie and two kids but instead of human heads they were dogs.

Hope and the kids in the drawing looked like they had rabies, and she could feel the wolf in her want to leap over the seats and plunge her hand into the other girl's chest.

Breathe, breathe, breathe.

Just then she received another text from Josie immediately.

"Babe, are you okay? What's going on? Do I need to come to you? Something feels off with the bond."

"No, just Penelope being a bitch."

"Don't let her get to you, only one year with her and we never have to see her again."

If it weren't for Josie, she would have murdered the witch and her girlfriend by now.

Ever since they returned to the school, they both have made it their number one priority to taunt the soulmates any chance they get.

The auburnette remembers the first fight they got into since the return.

They had just gotten back from the doctor's office and found out the brunette was pregnant.

It was the middle of September and Lizzie and MG were waiting for them in the quad.

"Alright, spill. Mom told me where you were, are you guys expecting again?"

MG just shook his head at his wife's bluntness.

"Yeah we are," replied Hope with a big goofy grin.

"Oh god, make sure to hide the knives this time," said Penelope as she walked by with Maya.

The rage and hurt the couple felt in that moment was immeasurable and then a loud noise was heard.

CRACK!

And then again.

CRACK!

Hope was starting to transition in broad daylight and Josie had to pull her away.