Chapter 30

ONE YEAR LATER

It was the middle of October and Josie was drunk and alone in someone else's bedroom.

She was at a frat party that Maya and Penelope had dragged her to.

Not that she minded, she loved to party; it was one of the two things that kept her distracted from everything that had happened last year.

She was finally at college with Lizzie and all of her friends, and in the second year in the medical program.

The brunette still went to class and kept her grades up, she had really pulled herself together after last summer.

Sure she was still sad about Olivia, she thought as she rubbed her wrist where the letters "O.A.M"  were etched in her wrist permanently.

It was Hope's idea to get the matching tattoo, and it did help at the time, but it still hurts.

The alcohol helps numb the pain, it was a good thing her girlfriend worked at a bar.

What really helped her was ripping her father's heart out of his chest and watching him burn as she used her favorite spell.

It was the summer after she graduated high school, it had brought back so many painful memories and she spiraled from there.

Hope had wanted him to rot in Marcel's garden for the rest of eternity, but the twin needed to see him burn.

That's when Hope came up with the idea for the tattoos.

They still hadn't found Dhalia at that point in time, so she just rolled with it.

So the twin was just sitting here in the dark, on one of the frat guy's beds as she took a sip of whatever was in her cup.

The party downstairs was getting too loud and she was too drunk to drive herself or anyone else back to the dorms.

She figured she would just wait it out but Maya had other plans as she burst into the room.

"Gotcha bitch, c'mon you're missing all the fun! Don't be such a party pooper!"

So reluctantly she continued back to the party and drank until she could no longer feel anything.

When she woke up the next morning her head was pounding, and everything was so bright.

She looked around and noticed she was in her own bed, thank god.

She didn't remember how she got back to the dorm, but was grateful.

It wasn't until she saw her very angry girlfriend handing her a cup of water with some advil that she pieced everything together.

The couple had been arguing a bit more than usual due to Josie being out at all hours of the night.

Hope understood why she needed to cope, but Josie could tell it was bothering the tribrid.

They barely saw each other as it was, Hope would be at work most nights and Josie had clinicals during the day on top of their scheduled classes.

So when Hope looked at her she knew which argument was coming.

"Jo, Maya had to call me last night because you were black out drunk, to come pick you up. I was in the middle of a shift..."

The brunette felt guilty, but just shrugged her off.

"Thank you? I don't know what you want me to say... it's not the first time. Probably won't be the last."

"You're being reckless. I'm your girlfriend, not your mom. I can't tell you what to do or how to cope, but you need to take it easy. You have exams coming up, and I can't keep leaving work to go pick you up every time you get sad."

Ouch. Low blow.

"The truth hurts, we both have had our fair share of hurting, but you don't see me out here making a fool out of myself. I love you Josie and I can't keep watching you do this to yourself, you're affecting me as well. Soulmate bond? Ring a bell? You need to find something else to take your mind off of things." She said as she stood up to leave their shared dorm room.

"Okay, and where do you think you're going?"

"You have a 3 o'clock class today, I set your alarm. I have to go to work," she said as she slammed the door.

Josie was beyond irritated and hurt to go back to sleep.

"Fine, if she wants a different alternative then so be it." She thought to herself as she pulled out the pouch from her floor board.

The brunette had learned a lot from her aunt and uncle's grimoires and journals.

One being this herb from Luke's stash.

She had studied the books over and realized the herb acted as a drug  that allowed you to see things.

Even her Aunt Elena had taken it back in her college days.

She didn't know how it would affect werewolves but figured it was time to give it a go.

She made herself a tea using the concoction and drank every last drop before laying back down.

When she opened her eyes she was at the Mikaelson Manor, specifically in their daughter's untouched room.

The brunette noticed she wasn't alone and she could feel tears silently dribbling down her face as she saw her namesake in the rocking chair in the corner of the room with a baby in her arms.

"Mom?"

"Yes honey, it's me. I thought we agreed it would be a very long while before I saw you again."

"I-uhm...it's been rough. Who do you have in your arms?"

"Who do you think? My granddaughter of course."

"Olivia?" She said through choked tears.

"Do you want to hold her?"

She silently nodded before wiping her eyes, so she could get a good look at her daughter.

Her whole world was suddenly in her arms, her heart nearly jumped out of her chest.

"Shhhh it's okay, momma is here." She said adoringly as she held on tightly.

"Jo, you can't be here too long. You know what happens when-..." she was cut off.

The whole room started shaking and she heard Olivia crying and then she was back in her dorm room with a frantic Maya in front of her.

"Jo! Your heart stopped, I didn't know what to do." She said as she dropped the epipen in her hand.

"No, no no! I've got to go back. Maya you don't understand. I need to see her again. She was crying,Olivia was crying!"

The curly haired vampire just looked at her friend sadly, "Jo, Olivia is gone ...what did you do?"

So for the next couple of hours the twin explained what had taken place and had both agreed that she shouldn't take the drugs alone from here on out.

Maya wanted to also see how the drugs would affect her and if she would be able to see her father so they were going to bring Penelope in to watch over them in case anything went wrong.

This was going to be way better than alcohol, Josie had found her new alternative and nothing Hope could say would change her mind.