Questions Asked Rhetorically

Error saw Ink and smiled calling him over. Well not really calling him over, he waved his hand over. He never left the room, seemingly afraid to do so. Ink wasn't sure how to feel about that.

Ink forced a calm smile and cleared his throat. "Error, this is Dream. I promise he won't hurt you." Ink stated. It was enough to make Error calm down. If Ink said it then it must be true. Error trusted Ink.

Ink was nice.

Ink was helpful.

Ink gave his room more things.

Ink was someone he trusted.

Error smiled and waved at Dream who raised a brow. "Ink, may I talk to you in private?" Dream said and Ink sighed nodding.

Error watched the two skeletons move farther away and speak quietly to one another. "What do you mean?!" Dream yelled. Ink groaned and slapped the back of his skull. Error was confused but pushed it to the back of his mind, he had enough confusing subjects at the moment. He didn't need more.

Error didn't let go of the doorknob, something said this was safer. He turned the light off and started at the stars. They gave a comforting hue that left him relaxed. He heard a click and turned around to see Ink had locked the door with a smile. Error sighed relieved before taking his hands away.

"Is that better Error?"

Ink's voice echoed through speakers in the room. Error nodded before going over to his bed and hugging his soft comfort item.

"Want me to leave it locked?"

Error nodded and stuffed its face into its mislabeled proportional body.

___

"So he doesn't know anything he's done? At all?" Dream revised adjusting his crown. Ink sighed and rubbed his arms. "No, but it's for the best. White and I are sure he can't be reached here. He can sleep and nothing bad will happen. Besides, only I can use my magic here." Ink explained assuringly. "But you don't know who's controlling him. Much less, if that's even the case." Dream responded.

Ink felt uncomfortable and agitated. Composure was hard to keep when uncertainty had the upper hand. Wherever certainty was, he hoped he'd find it soon. Things were only going to get worse before they got better. That was a fact that needed no saying. The only thing he could do was prepare for the basics of hell because after his explanation to the entire multiverse, he could only imagine the gates that hid behind the basics.

"He didn't seem very comfortable seeing me?" Dream spoke. Ink was pulled from his doubtful thoughts before looking away and hunching over. "He won't even leave the room. It's like he's scared something bad will happen if he leaves. He doesn't like other people, Dream. The only people he is comfortable with are White and me. He wouldn't even go near Orbit when I asked him to help with stars in his room." Ink explained.

Error was so scared to leave that room. Almost like something was holding him hostage, but he didn't seem to mind. Right now, Error was staying where he knew things. Staying where he was comfortable. Staying where he felt safe. White had the assumption that Error lived in an enclosed place so the cell, Ink dubbed 'Error's Room', was a reminder for him and made him relaxed. Even so, White didn't like that Error basically lived there.

"How often do you lock his room?" Dream asked tilting his head in Ink's direction. "Every day. He won't leave the button alone until I lock it... every night. Sometimes he won't let anyone in his cell and holds the door shut so I lock it so he'll calm down." Ink explained exhausted. Dream patted Inks back and nodded his head assuringly. "I'm surprised you told Orbit. Did he freak out?" he asked with a small smile. Ink looked up at Dream and snorted. "He kept rambling about how the stars were dumb. He said Error didn't need them, much less deserve them. It took a while to explain things." Ink said letting a small soft laugh squeeze its way through here and there. Dream listened to Ink imitate Orbit and chuckled.