Chapter Two

Oliver looked around. "All right, Major Rhodes, I'll dial the Gate and we'll send the M.A.L.P. through and see what we can see."

"We've got you covered, Doctor, don't worry about it."

"Thank you." He dialed the Gate and sent the M.A.L.P. through. He grabbed the tablet he'd brought with to intercept the M.A.L.P.'s transmission and pulled up the video feed. He cursed.

"Doctor?"

He looked back at the Major. "The Alliance is still present, there's a couple of guards several meters from the Gate." He looked back down at the tablet as he rotated the camera. He cursed again. "Dammit, I've lost the feed, they must have seen the M.A.L.P."

"So there's no possible way to know if SG-1 is still on the planet?" the Major asked.

"I'm afraid not. The fact that the Alliance is still present tells me they think they have enough of a defensive position to handle us if we come back for SG-1. If they're guarding the Gate I'd say they have something they want to protect."

"SG-1?"

"That would be my guess." Oliver shut off the tablet and packed it away. "I suppose since we're already here we might as well check out the planet."

Major Rhodes nodded. "All right people, let's move out and give this place a once over before we head home."

Oliver trailed SG-14. He glanced back at the Gate with a sigh. He'd been hoping he could find a way to go to the planet and rescue his sister. That wasn't possible now, not with the Alliance still occupying the planet. "I'll find you, sis, promise," he whispered.

Elias slapped a stack of folders down in front of Sam

Elias slapped a stack of folders down in front of Sam. "Choose the new team!"

She shoved the files back across the desk. "I've already told you no. I will not replace SG-1 until it's glaringly obvious they will not return. Now take your folders and get out of my office."

"The IOA has already directed you to choose the new members of SG-1," he told her.

"Oh, yes they have and they've given me no choice but to choose the team members from the candidates they've chosen." She rose slowly and leaned on the desk. "I will not bow to you or the IOA, Mr. Albrecht. I am in charge of this facility and I make the decisions that affect my teams. You can make suggestions but that doesn't mean I will acquiesce to them."

"You must—"

She slapped a hand on the desk. "I will not be bullied into accepting the IOA's mandates. Get out of my office and off my base before I have you removed!"

"You can't do that! I am tasked with overseeing this facility!" he shouted.

The door opened and two soldiers stepped into the room. "Ma'am, is everything all right?"

"Please escort Mr. Albrecht off the base." She turned a glare on Elias. "I suggest you don't return unless you have something constructive to contribute to my command."