Chapter 2: Home & friends.

Hyunjin stepped off the car, backpack in hand as Minhyuk lead him inside.

"Welcome home, Hyunjin."

The house was pretty. The walls were white, he had a sofa in the center of the living room with a large TV. The kitchen was about the size of his room back before the hospital. The house had a comforting feeling to it. Hyunjin liked it.

"Home."
"Yes, home. Let's get you to your room, okay?"

Hyunjin nodded and let Minhyuk lead him down a hallway and into a room. The walls were a soft pink color, and Hyunjin's eyes widened, brightening in excitement as he scanned the room. To the left, there was a polished, brown dresser which had been stocked with soft, pastel sweaters, sweats, jeans and everything else he would need. The closet had hoodies and a couple crop tops. To the right was Hyunjin's bed. The sheets were white, and the blankets were a peachy color. Hyunjin smiled widely as he stepped into the room, he noticed a pile of stuffies in a small net over his bed.

"P...Pretty."
"It's pretty? I'm glad you like it. I decorated based off what you showed interest in."

Hyunjin turned around and made the KSL gesture for thank you, making Minhyuk smile.

"No problem, now, get dressed into something more comfy, yes? I'll make a quick dinner, then you should sleep. You have a big day tomorrow."

Hyunjin nodded and quickly waddled over to his dresser as Minhyuk left, closing the door behind him. He knelt down, opening the draw and pulling out a pair of pastel blue shorts before scurrying to the closet and grabbing a white hoodie. He quickly noticed all the hoodies were a couple sizes too big, but he didn't mind. Once finished changing, he left his room, looking for Minhyuk. He found the older boy in his kitchen, seemingly making some ramen.

"Hello, Jinnie. Oh yes, I have someone I'd like you to meet. He should be home soon."

As if on cue, the front door opened and a shout came from the other room.

"HYUNG, IM HOME!!"

Hyunjin turned around and watched the stranger walk towards them, seeming to not have noticed Hyunjin yet.

"Say, Hyung, can Yeon-- who is this-?"

Minhyuk smiled, as the boy raised an eyebrow.

"Hyunjin, meet my little brother, Soobin. Soobin, this is Hyunjin."
"Oh wait, YOU'RE Hyunjin?"

Hyunjin nodded.

"Am Hyunjin. N...Nice to m-meet yo..u."

Soobin raised another questioning eyebrow at his older brother who simply mouthed the words 'speech impediment'. Soobin simply nodded in understanding and smiled at Hyunjin.

"Welcome, hyung. I hope you settle in well."

Hyunjin smiled and nodded as Minhyuk told them to sit down. Although the dinner was uneventful for the most part, Hyunjin finally felt wanted. He felt like he finally had the chance at having a real family.