Chapter 3: School.

The school was huge. Well, bigger than his old middle school at least, and he hasn't exactly been to a school for a good couple years.
That day Hyunjin wore a soft, pastel pink sweater and white skinny jeans. His back pack was black, and had a small keychain hanging off of it. The charm was a ferret.
His shoulder length hair was pulled into a half ponytail, and his eyes had just a hint of glitter eyeshadow in them.
He stopped in front of the front gate and looked at the school before him. He wasn't gonna lie and say he didn't feel at least SORTA intimidated. What would his classmates think of him? Would they like him even though he can barely speak?

"Hiya pretty boy, whatcha looking at?"

Hyunjin jumped, startled by the new voice. Whipping his head around, he was now face to face with a boy, he was a little shorter than him and had a bright smile on his face. The boy's cheeks were round, and squirrel like and Hyunjin wanted to poke them. So he did. Reaching up, he gently poked one of the orange haired boy's cheeks. The tips of the boy's ears turned a bit red as he let out a surprised gasp. Hyunjin smiled.

"Ch-cheek..ies!"

Hyunjin giggled. The boy simply smiled back.

"Mhm! People call me a squirrel." He huffed. "Anyway, what's your name?"
"H..wang H-Hyunjin."
"Han Jisung! Nice to meet you. Say, we still have about an hour till classes start, wanna meet my friends??"

Squirrel bit- no, Jisung- hooked his elbow around Hyunjin, who simply nodded enthusiastically and let the smaller boy lead him away. All down the hallways people stared at him in awe. Hyunjin knew what they were thinking. It's what everyone always thought. Wow, he's so pretty. Hyunjin couldn't help the tiny laugh that escaped his lips as he thought about it. If only they knew.

"Channie-hyungggg!!! I made a friendddd!!!"

Hyunjin smiled again and Jisung aggressively waved his hand in the air toward a table with about 6 other boys.

"Come on, Hyunjinnie!"

Hyunjin managed to plop next to Jisung on the bench while everyone else stared at him.

"Everyone! This is Hyunjin!"

Hyunjin smiled at waved.

"Hello Hyunjin, I'm Chan, or Chris, either one is okay!"

Chan had fluffy blonde hair that was curly and flowed over his eyes perfectly. Hyunjin didn't fail to notice the bags under his eyes, however. He radiated dad vibes.

"Hi, Hyunjinnie!! I'm Jeongin!! You can call me Innie!"

Jeongin's hair was a dyed blue and he had light brown eyes. He resembled a fox. Hyunjin smiled at the thought.

"Jinnie!! It's me! Felix! You remember right? I still have my necklace..."

Felix. Hyunjin's heart ached while looking at the blonde boy. He had freckles scattered across his cheeks like constellations. His eyes held sadness in them, and Hyunjin knew why. Before Hyunjin was sent away, Felix had been his best friend. He and the boy did everything and went everywhere together you'd never find them a part. Felix knew well how Hyunjin's family was and was always there for the older. Hyunjin was forever grateful for that. Smiling softly, Hyunjin raised the necklace he kept hidden under his shirt for all these years. It was a silver chain with a charm hanging off of it. The charm was one side of the yin-yang symbol, painted like a moon. Felix's smile visibly widened as he lifted his own necklace. His was the opposite of Hyunjin's. Instead of a moon, it was a sun.

"L-Lix..ie!"

Felix's eyes were noticably watery and Hyunjin oat the boys head.

"N-no c..cry lix..ie."
"Okay, Jinnie."