Me And My Bestfriend: Chapter 8

#~~~~ I have tried to not actually swear but I can't be bothered to do that anymore so sorry if there is swearing :) ~~~~#

HAILEY'S POV

The next morning I when I woke up I had a terrible headache and my body screamed in agony all over, it turned out I was operated on while I was passed out, so I was relieved to see that Tom was sat right next to me and not my parents, Jack or Zack. After everything I was still so confused! I wanted to love Jack I really did but I knew deep down I was completely and utterly in love with Tom.

"Morning." I said with my jaw and teeth clenched. Tom frowned as his eyebrows stitched together he instantly knew I was in pain and called the nurse for medication.

"Thank you.." I whispered after the nurse left. I didn't know where my mum was but wherever it was I hoped she stayed there.

"How you feeling?" He asked concerned.

"Great, why? Do I look uncomfortable or is my hair messed up?" I replied sarcastically. What a stupid question!

"Oh sarcasm...... It must be pretty bad then?" Tom replied in the same fed up jokey tone.

"Ha ha.... Very funny! Have you ever thought of being a comedian? You would be great! Do you know if my mums here?" I said jokingly but I could tell it was to far as a frown rushed over Tom's face. I really wanted to talk to my mum about my dad and what happened but not right then.

"Actually I would be pretty good, wouldn't I? And yep shes at your place," He tried to play off as if he wasn't bothered. "Did you sleep okay?"

"Meh after all the drugs and pills they gave me its not surprising!" I answered half heartedly. Trying to play it cool it or something...... God I was stupid!

"That's good, but seriously are you going to tell me what really happened? Or am I going to have to keep guessing?" Tom asked. I was taken back by him, it was out of nowhere. My jaw would of dropped to the floor if I didn't think it would hurt so much! I could feel my eyes widening with shock and fear. I couldn't tell him, he could never know.

"What do you mean? I told you what happened! I fell down the stairs when I got home!" I lied. A flash of anger struck his face, I knew I'd pissed him off but I couldn't tell him. He kind of growled or something...? Whatever it was I noticeably winced.

"Don't lie to me Hailey!" He hissed through his gritted teeth.

"I'm not lying! Why don't you believe me?" I was so scared, I knew he would never physically hurt me but I couldn't help imagining it.

"I know you didn't fall down the stairs! You have hand prints all over you! I wasn't born yesterday! Why are you lying to me?" He said obviously hurt as he snatched the mirror off of the table next my bed.

"I don't have handprints! I fell! I'm not lying!" I said full of hope, hope that it was all a lie. His beautiful dark eyes lingered over me until finally pierced mine, they were full of worry, anger and fear. I didn't want to lie to him but if he knew he would never even look at me. Me and Tom needed to talk about so many things especially about Jack but that still involved my dad. There was no escape I would have to tell him eventually. He handed me the mirror unwillingly and I could see as soon as he did it he regretted it.

"Oh my fuck........." I whispered as a stared in shock at all my bruises. There were so many! My dad had given me some before but never that many and that bad. I even started to cry a little because I how bad my face looked.

"They told me they found a few older similar bruises on you too! I know I shouldn't ask this" He paused, "but has Jack been beating you?" My head snapped up at his question, how could he even think that?!