Chapter Six: Laxus Dreyar

Lucy opened the glass door of the large case that always housed fresh pastries. She used a pair of cooking tongs to pick up the freshly baked small cakes off of the hot tray she held with her other hand, an oven mitt providing protection from the heat of the iron tray. She continuously glanced at the door, praying that Kit and the man she had enlisted to assist her wouldn't show up.

She yawned for the umpteenth time that morning. For about a week, she was unable to sleep as much as would've liked due to her fear of being attacked again. She would lay in bed with her keys clutched tightly in her hands before finally falling asleep after a few hours of hypervigilance. She would then wake up at every little sound, scared that it was another attack. She would eventually end up making herself tea and sitting in the main room of her apartment, not able to fall asleep again, and wait the time for her to head to work to arrive.

She didn't like being so on edge, every sound made her jump and reach for her keys. It's gotten to the point that Minnie was beginning to become concerned, Lucy could tell from the looks her employer would send her every time she yelped or jumped something due to getting startled.

She had to admit though, with how much she's been looking out for Kit and that man, she hadn't been thinking about Cana, Bixlow, or Erza as much as she used to. That wasn't to say that she never thought about them, she still did. Whenever she was able to relax, Lucy's mind would wander to the three Fairy Tail mages she met not even a month ago. Her stomach would then become filled with butterflies, her heartbeat would get faster, she would blush such a rosy color that anybody would believe her to be sick, and she would once again question why she was like this. She still didn't have the faintest clue. What was going on with her? She couldn't be in love with three people...right?

She shook her head, trying to refocus on the task of restocking the pastry case before the small cakes lost their warmth completely. She tried to shake the three mages from her mind but found that the only way she could do that was if she focused on watching for Kit and her accomplice. Not wanting to scare herself again, Lucy tried to turn her thoughts over to which guild she should join.

Fairy Tail or Sabertooth?

She still wasn't sure. Fairy Tail was a very attractive option It was strong and welcoming. Although, it also had Cana, Bixlow, and Erza. She wasn't sure how she would fare in a guild with the three mages that were causing her this much confusion over her feelings and sexuality.

Sabertooth was also an interesting option. It was new, but also already had strong mages, as well as mages that were new to magic, she was sure. If what Minnie said about the newly made guild was true, then she would be just as welcomed there as she would be at Fairy Tail.

She didn't know all that much about either guild, so she wasn't sure which one was best for her. She remembered Minnie telling her that Master Makarov would be arriving that afternoon to talk to her when she came into work. She honestly couldn't wait to meet the man. She hoped that everything she had heard about him was true. She'd just have to wait and see.

Laxus walked behind his grandfather, arms crossed and not at all pleased looking with walking to some bakery and cafe in Crocus. He could see the front of it in his mind's eye, having been there many times before. It was a one-story building that wasn't what would be considered large. It had a large window in the front with a glass door right next to it. Overhead was a blue and pink awning spanning the length of the front of the building. Above the awning that provided delightful shade was a sign, large words painted in black spelling the name of the bakery and cafe, 'Minnie's Coffee and Pastries'.

The blonde man looks down at his grandfather in front of him, asking, "why'd you have to drag me here, old man?"

Makarov chuckled lightly, a skip in his step as he hurried along to the wonderful coffee and cookies he could practically taste already, making his mouth water. He answered his grandson's question with a chipper tone, "because, I think it would be good for you to get out of the guild and enjoy some of Minnie's pastries and tea. Don't you miss visiting?"