Chapter Nineteen: Gray Fullbuster

Lucy walked through Crocus, a blue and pink box full of cupcakes in her hands. She was making her way to make a delivery. She turned a corner before she looked around, feeling a bit safer by the fact that she was surrounded by people. She looked down at the box in her hands and sighed, furrowing her brow as she reminded herself that this was her last delivery. After that day, she would no longer be working for Minnie.

She looked around at her surroundings as she remembered her earlier conversation with Minnie:

Lucy was curled up in the fetal position, sitting on her balcony with her face buried in her knees. She had another panic attack. She once again felt trapped and overwhelmed by the fact that Minnie's house had reminded her of her father's mansion. She knew that she had to leave soon with Minnie for work, but she was unable to move from her position. She had practiced the breathing technique that Minnie had taught her, and while it did stop her hyperventilation, her breathing was still heavy. She could feel her heart continuing to pound in her chest at a quick pace. She had stopped trembling but was still frozen in place.

She didn't know how long she was there when she heard her bedroom door open and Minnie speak softly, "are you alright, dear?"

Lucy managed to lift her head and gave Minnie a tearful smile, answering, "I-I'm fine. I just need a few minutes."

Minnie gave her a look of sympathy as she walked toward the celestial wizard and got onto her knees in front of her. The older woman asked, "are you sure?" She then added after she scooted back a little to give Lucy some more space, "you don't have to tell me. I just want to make sure that you are feeling well."

Lucy sniffed and wiped away some stray tears. After a few moments of silence, she sighed and explained to Minnie about her trouble with living with her due to the older woman's house reminding her of her father's mansion, as well as her inability to decide if she wanted to join a guild or stay with Minnie in Crocus. The blonde had cast her brown eyes down at the floor of the balcony, dreading what Minnie would say in response.

She then heard the older woman respond, "I would love it if you stayed with me. I appreciate having you around. However, you should do what you truly want to do. Whether that be joining a guild or staying with me. If you decide to stay, then you are more than welcome to continue living with me." After a moment of silence, Minnie gently laid a hand on Lucy's shoulder before she added, "I also think that it'll be best if you no longer work for me." Lucy raised her eyes to meet Minnie's panic evident on her face. She was about to reject and question what was wrong with her work performance when Minnie continued, "you have been an amazing employee, nothing wrong with how you do your job. I simply think that you need a break from work to figure out what you want. Do you understand?"

Lucy thought about what the older woman said. She knew that she had been using her work as a way to distract herself from the things that were troubling her. Perhaps sensing her hesitance, Minnie softly said, "you have to think through what is troubling you. It won't solve itself."

Lucy nodded. She knew that Minnie was right. She responded, "alright." She then added a question, "can today be my last day?" Minnie nodded with a soft smile before she stood up and held out her hand to help Lucy to her feet. The celestial wizard placed her hand in the older woman's and got to her feet. She then followed Minnie out of the house.

Lucy sighed once again. She shook herself out of her thoughts. After this delivery, she'll be heading back to Minnie's house so she could get herself over the anxiety and panic that the house caused as well as figure out what she wanted to do.

She walked into the hotel that she was delivering to and quickly found the room. She knocked on the door and waited for it to open. Just moments after she knocked, the door swung open to reveal an attractive man that wasn't wearing a shirt or pants.