Chapter Seventeen: Orga Nanagear

Lucy walked through a meadow, looking at the cows and windmills that she passed by. She was lost in thought, questioning if she wanted to join a guild anymore. She loved Crocus and working for Minnie. Living with the older woman was great too. She truly felt like she had found a home and even a mother already. She didn't think that staying was a bad idea.

However, there was a part of her that still wanted to join a guild. She had heard a lot about how guilds were like large families and that by joining a guild, you could find a place where you belong.

Lucy wanted that. She wanted a family and place where she felt that she belonged. But, was that in Crocus with Minnie? Or was that with a guild in another part of Fiore? She felt as though part of her wanted to stay with Minne, while the other part of her wanted to join a guild. She didn't know which one she wanted to do.

Should she talk to Minnie? She didn't want to make the older woman feel as though Lucy didn't care about her. The celestial wizard was at a loss. It was like she was battling with herself, trying to make a decision.

Lucy heard a cow moo and looked over at it as the black-and-white animal lazily walked toward her. She stopped walking and held out her hand, watching as the cow rubbed its head against her outstretched hand. She smiled as she began petting the friendly animal, running her hands down the cow's sides and scratching behind its ears.

The blonde woman muttered, to nobody in particular, or maybe to the cow, "I don't know what I want to do anymore." It was true. She didn't know if she wanted to join a guild or stay in Crocus with Minnie, nor did she even know which guild she wanted to join.

Sabertooth or Fairy Tail.

Both were equally as appealing. Fairy Tail offered a close-knit found family and acceptance. Sabertooth offered the same thing, along with the chance to grow stronger alongside mages that were on the same level of strength as her.

However, staying with Minnie in Crocus offered a quiet and peaceful life that would allow her to become stronger at her own rate, should she decide to do so. What about her spirits, though? If she decided to continue working for Minnie, what would she need her spirits for? She would have to give up her keys. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to part with her spirits.

The cow moved away as it resumed grazing, mooing as though it was thanking Lucy for petting it. Lucy smiled and answered it, "you're welcome." She then chuckled lightly before she resumed walking through the meadow.

Her mind then turned to her Kit problem. It had been a week and yet she hadn't met Kit or her spirits even once. That was a bit strange. Had the dark mage given up? Had her father retracted his request for Kit to capture her and return her to him? Lucy scoffed at that thought. She knew that her father hadn't changed his mind. The simply didn't ever change his mind.

She knew that if she wanted to live her own life, either in a guild or Crocus, she would have to defeat Kit. She would have to stand up for herself and ensure that Kit would give up and stop trying to capture her. Lucy sighed. She had no idea where to find Kit, so she would have to wait for the next attack. She hated this waiting. It was making her anxious and hypervigilant.

The celestial wizard stopped in her tracks when she realized that she wasn't alone. Several yards ahead of her was what looked like a young boy. His back was to her, though, she was still able to see that he was fairly tall, causing her to wonder if he was a child, had wild, light green hair, and wasn't wearing a shirt, only baggy, black pants.

Wondering what he was doing here, Lucy made her way over to him. As she walked, she unhooked Cancer's key off of her keyring and kept it held tightly in her hand.