Chapter Twelve: Mirajane Strauss

Lucy walked through Crocus' large mall, looking around at the stores full of clothes and accessories. She wasn't sure if she wanted to buy anything or if she wanted to just get away from the fear of being attacked by Kit or her celestial spirits by surrounding herself with people. The large amount of people that were around her strangely made her feel better. Kit and her celestial spirits had only been attacking her when nobody else was around, so she felt safer at the mall rather than at her home.

Due to her relaxing from her fear of Kit, her mind ended up wandering to her other crisis. She began recalling the meetings she had with Cana, Bixlow, Erza, Laxus, Midnight, Cobra, Levy, and Freed. She had hoped that as time passed and she yet several days of not seeing them again, then her attraction toward them would die down. She had hoped that these attractions were merely passing fancies that would eventually go away. She wasn't surprised that she was still experiencing strong attraction toward Freed and Levy since she had met them only the day prior.

However, she was dismayed to find that the attraction she felt toward these mages was still strong and going. Lucy was frustrated to no end. She was always either worrying about being ambushed by Kit or daydreaming about any of the aforementioned mages. She was being thrown through a flurry of confusion over just what her sexuality was and if she was actually in love with any of them. The fact that they were all incredibly attractive and seemed to embody some type of love interest to the female lead in her romance novels she's always loved reading.

Cana and Bixlow were like the fun best friend that would get the female lead out of her comfort zone and learn to enjoy herself in the moment. Erza was like the caring popular girl that would look after the female lead. Laxus was like the tough on the outside, soft on the inside guy that was an asshole to everyone else except for the female lead. Midnight and Cobra were like the bad boy that was still wholly dedicated to the female lead and protected her by using his infamy to intimidate others. Levy was like the introverted best friend who either contrasted the female lead's extroversion or complement the female lead's similar personality. Freed was like the proper gentleman that would treat the female lead like a lady but still allow her to be as "unladylike" as she wanted.

Lucy softly groaned. She could feel her face beginning to burn and her gut become filled with that weird feeling she was beginning to become accustomed to. She shook her head, mentally slapping herself. She forced her mind to turn to the guilds she was torn between.

Sabertooth was a new guild. According to Clover, it was filled with kind mages that were looking to create a strong guild that would be able to rival even Fairy Tail. Mages that wanted to strengthen their own magic. Mages that wanted to make friends and find a home. Sabertooth tried to model itself after Fairy Tail in trademark strength, kindness, and acceptance. This wasn't much of a surprise since apparently, nearly every mage in Sabertooth, especially the children, looked up to at least one Fairy Tail mage. That considered, it made sense that they would want their guild to be like the guild of their role models. Lucy liked that idea. She was also drawn by the thought of growing stronger right beside mages that were at her level, rather than be one of the weaker mages in an incredibly strong guild.

Fairy Tail was the strongest guild and it was filled with mages that were kind and accepting of all. She dreamed of joining that type of guild since she learned about what guilds were. Since she was young, she wanted to have a family that wouldn't ask about her past or judge her for running away from a life that many people would dream about. She wanted friends that truly cared about her and saw her for who she was. Fairy Tail seemed like a perfect fit. It was the type of guild that she had dreamed of joining. However, the fact that most of the mages she was attracted to were a part of Fairy Tail deterred her a bit. She knew that it would cause an even worse crisis for her.