Epilogue

*SPOILER ALERT!!*

// Do not read this chapter before reading the full story :)) (Ik many of you will read it first, just telling you, it will ruin all the fun if you read it first :( //

Doyoung knocked on the door with rapidly beating heart and an uncontrollable smile on his face. He was trembling from the excitement; how would the person behind the door react seeing him? Would he smile? Cry? Hug him from the abundance of joy?

The person, upon opening the door, did all three. His face was planted with shock and disbelief at first. Then in a split second, it turned into a huge grin- which was soon accompanied with tearful eyes. Before Doyoung could realize, he felt the other hugging him tight.

He heard laughter and cries from the man with some incoherent words in the line- "Doyoungie! Oh my God! How are you here? Jesus Christ! I never thought I'd meet you in my life again!! Am I dreaming? You're not from my imagination, right?"

Doyoung smiled in equal happiness as the guy holding him. He just patted the guy's back, as if to assure that he was, in his whole form, an absolute truth. He was there, in flesh and blood, to meet his saviour from 12 years ago.

"Haruto..." Doyoung cried once he let go of the hug and saw the tearstained face of the other.

"How did you come here, Doyoungie?" Haruto ever so softly caressed Doyoung's face, wiping the tears that fell. Doyoung's face wasn't as soft and delicate as the teenaged boy from before. He was more buff and broader. His bones were more defined and he definitely didn't look as vulnerable as before.

Because he was 29, he had to look more mature.

"Can I come in first?" Doyoung asked. Haruto nodded hard, made way for the former to walk in. Doyoung eyed the house. It wasn't that elegant or high profile; yet it had everything to live by comfortably. What made it more homely- it had traces of some other people possessing it.

"Come here... I still can't believe you're here!" Haruto guided Doyoung to the living room. He had an arm protecting Doyoung all the way, although he had no reason to do so. Doyoung liked it. His presence in Haruto's life was never replaced.

"Take a seat... I... I should probably bring you something to eat... I can't believe it still... You're really here?"

"You don't have to do anything, just sit down with me." Doyoung said, holding Haruto's hand. The rough, strong hand of the latter was an indication that he too aged. How old must Haruto be now? Around 41. Yeah, he was quite old.

And to think he was still as mesmerized to see Doyoung again!

"How are you, Ruto?"

Haruto stared. The call reminded him of the past, then beyond that. Losing his love from this universe, then finding him again in some other; then losing him again- but not really.

"I'm... Okay." Haruto smiled.

"Are you really?"

"I am." Haruto nodded. He was speaking the truth.

"I can kinda see that." Doyoung eyed the place. Haruto probably has kids.

"Can you answer me now?" Haruto asked, "How are you here?"

Doyoung started with a fond look on his face, "I thought I owed you a visit." He moved closer to hold Haruto's hand, "He created the same gateway as you did all those years ago; and I used it to travel to you."

"You mean he built the same... Oh my God!"

"He did." Doyoung spoke, "Ever since he discovered it here, he's been obsessed. You know how much he loves science, and he had that moral... And I wanted to see you too, so... Yeah. He built what you built back then."