Convincing the Old Man

I told my grandpa with a serious voice to teach me that move he did

He sighed.

"Kimiko, I intend on teaching you when the time is right. For now, you are too young. You are only 8 years old" he said with a calm voice. I got mad.

"But grandpa, what if you're not there to protect me. At least teach me some basic movements"

"Kimiko, I will never leave your side. And I will teach you how to do that technique when the time comes" he said with a more tense voice.

I let out a huff and slammed the table with my fist before leaving.

THIS IS SO ANNOYING! IT'S LIKE HE DOESN'T EVEN CARE :((

Time passed and you gave more signs to Jigoro that you wanted to learn Thunder Breathing, and NOW.

1 week before your 9th birthday...

I was sleeping peacefully in my bed, trying to find out another way to convince grandpa. My eyes looked at the ceiling blankly. Blinking. I didn't want to do anything that day.

Suddenly in the corner of my eyes, I saw my grandpa. He had his usual happy smile. I just scoffed at him and turned the other way,

"Hey Kimiko, what would you like for your birthday?"

"Nothing, I don't need anything for my birthday. Just leave" I said harshly.

I heard him sigh. I could feel him getting hurt. I didn't want to hurt him, after all he has done for me. But a part of me wants to be cold to him so he can get the idea of him teaching me the thunder breathing.

"How about I buy you a dummy, and a training sword" he started.

I jolted up.

"WhAt" I replied, not comprehending what he just said.

"I know you have been begging me for this. And I have planned on training you now before you leave and escape this house" he said as laughed.

I ran to him and hugged him super tightly.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!"

His eyes were wide, and when I looked up to his face he smiled. So I smiled back.

"Let's get the dummy and sword shall we"

"WE SHALL"

I said happily as we walked to the martial arts store.