Receiving the Uniform and Sword

I decided to surprise my grandpa, so I went to the store to buy something

I decided to surprise my grandpa, so I went to the store to buy something. People were staring at me, surprised at how beat up I was. But I ignored them. Kuro decided to stay by my side until I got home. I went to a store so I could buy some onigiri and a stick for grandpa to use. He was getting old and he needed some support every now and then. After buying it, I started to walk home.

Jigoro POV

I was waiting for Kimiko to come home. I was counting down the hours, nervous as hell.

What if she didn't make it? No, no I knew this was a bad idea! I shouldn't have let her train this early on. I thought.

I sat on the stairs of my little house. Praying that she made it. Hours passed and I was a crow. Not mine, coming over to me.

Is this the master's crow telling me Kimiko did not make it! I thought in despair. But then I saw a young beat-up figure running alongside the crow.

"NO FAIR KURO! YOU CAN FLY!" said the girl.

"KAW KAW! I AM SORRY KUWAJIMA SAMA! KAW KAW!"

Kuwajima? Kuro? DOES THAT MEAN-

"GRANDPA! I DID IT! I PASSED!" Kimiko said as she ran over to me and I ran and hugged her tightly.

"YOU DID IT! GOOD JOB KIMIKO! I AM SO PROUD!" I said as I cried onto Kimiko's shoulders.

"Anyway grandpa, you might be wondering why I took so long, and that's because I bought some onigiri and a walking cane thing since you're growing old," she said.

"I AM NOT THAT OLD" I replied joking around.

"Yep you are :P" she said.

I smiled. I was just so grateful that the last person in my family came out alive. Even after I am gone... I would like for her to live a long happy life.

"Anyway grandpa, this is my crow, his name is Kuro," she said proudly.

"Oh, but why Kuro?" I asked curiously.

"Because he's black, and black in Japanese is Kuro," she replied happily. (Sorry, not trying to be racist)

"Ah, I see. Good name," I replied.

We walked into my little house and Kimiko was super excited to go off and battle demons. Though I was getting a little anxious. We ate our onigiris and talked for a while. After the day ended we decided to go to bed.

Your POV

3 days have passed, and I was waiting for my swordsmith. He sure was taking his dear sweet time. I sat on the stairs in front of my grandpa's little house as I waited for him to come. I doubted though. So I closed my eyes, partially falling asleep waiting for him.

"OI WAKE UP," said a random man with a weird tengu mask.

"Who are you?" I asked curiously.

"I AM YOUR SWORDSMITH! I AM MAKOKI!" he said loudly.

"Oh, cool, I have been waiting for you, come in" I started, "Be quiet though, my grandpa is taking a nap."

I said as I pointed at the room my grandfather was sleeping in. He nodded vigorously.

"Okay, here is your sword. Hold it, and it will change color" said Makoki.

I held it anxiously. The sword turned yellow.

"Yellow! Damn it, I was hoping it would turn red :(" he said sadly.

"I mean getting yellow would make the most sense since I use thunder breathing. Grandpa has a yellow sword too, so I'm okay with it" I replied.

"Ugh whatever, anyway this is your uniform"

"Thank you, since you traveled all the way here, would you like some onigiri and some tea?" I asked.

Grandpa has always taught me to be kind to anyone I meet, even if it was Uppermoon 1 himself. Though the only exception was Muzan...

"OH SURE!" he said. He looked pretty exhausted anyway.

I nodded and headed to the kitchen we had. I got ready for the leftover onigiri we had, and I made some tea. I made some extra in case grandpa wanted some. After 5 minutes, I handed Makoki the food and tea.

"Thank you!" He said.

I sat down across from him, smiling friendly. He turned around to eat his food. I don't think he wanted me to see his face. My grandpa woke up after 3 minutes and saw a swordsmith. He could tell by the mask. If it wasn't a swordsmith, he would have probably attacked.

"So, Kimiko is this your swordsmith," he said as I sat down beside him.

" Yep! And grandpa, guess what my sword turned yellow, like yours!"

"Great!" he said.

"Can I have some tea too?" he asked.

"Of course," I replied.

The swordsmith and my grandpa talked to each other for a while, and it stopped when I heard Kuro flying toward me.

"KAW KAW KUWAJIMA SAMA, YOU MUST RUN TO THE NORTHEAST OF KYOTO! THERE WAS THE DISAPPEARANCE OF HUMANS! THE MASTER HAS SENT YOU THERE TO TAKE A LOOK KAW KAW" he said.

I smiled.

Finally my first mission! I got up and looked at the 2 men with a confident smile.

"Time to slay some demons," I said.