You Can Do it...

I came home late that night, I was exhausted

I came home late that night, I was exhausted. So I went straight to my bedroom, only to see my grandfather on my bed looking at something.

"Grandpa, what are you looking at?" I asked curiously while putting down my sword.

"Oh- I was just looking at a picture of when you were younger when you had just come under my care. Your carefree smile, laughter. I was a demon slayer back then, but I loved the moments I shared with you. Now you're off following my footsteps" he said as he shed a tear.

"Grandpa, I still smile. And... Thank you for- Thank you for teaching me Thunder Breathing, despite being a hashira at the time" I started, "You don't have to cry about it. I will make sure once all these demons are gone, I will be able to properly thank you"

"I could have never asked for a better granddaughter."

I smiled.

"Thank you, grandpa"

The next day I was planning on training, but I saw Zenitsu trying to run away, I got out of bed and in a blink of an eye, I caught him. Unfortunately, grandpa must have thought Zenitsu was going to run away because we fell in. But before we could hit the ground, I made sure I didn't hit the ground as hard. Then I quickly stood up and caught Zenitsu who was crying saying he was going to die.

"KYAAAAA THANK YOU KIMIKO-CHAN FOR SAVING ME! YOU ARE AN ANGEL!" he exclaimed. I was surprised by the way he said it.

You are an angel...

"Thank you Zenitsu," I said happily.

"OOOOIIII ZENITSU! WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY AGAIN HAH? YOU KNOW WHAT, KIMIKO TEACH ZENITSU PLEASE" my grandpa said as he came out with his pig pajamas.

"WhAt? When did I agree with this grandpa?" I asked.

"PLEASE CAN YOU TEACH ME INSTEAD! GRAMPS KILL ME EACH TIME!"

I sighed.

"Okay, but don't blame me," I said looking at him with a smirk.

"KYAAAA KIMIKO-CHAN YOU LOOK SO HOT WHEN YOU DO THAT"

"THAT'S IT!" my grandpa said as he karate chopped him in the head.

I laughed.

"I think we should be training right now, let's go" I gently helped Zenitsu, and we made our way to the training ground.

"Kay, Zenitsu, you said that you have great hearing like me right?" I asked.

"Yes I do, that is like the only thing that is useful to me. Kaigaku is probably right, I am weak..." Zenitsu said, looking down.

"Oi, 1 thing. If you will become my apprentice, I will NOT accept you sulking over what 1 person in this whole damn world said. 1 out of 7.5 BILLION people. And maybe Kaigaku is using this method to help you get stronger so you will be equal to him. Just have hope, that is all you need. That is lesson 1, always have hope that you WILL do something" I told him.

He smiled as he said " Thank you for accepting me like gramps did Kimiko-chan," he said.

"You're welcome." I started, "Now let's go back to the topic we were on, if you have the capability of having an immense hearing, then try to focus on where the demon is. If you hear even one step of the opponent, it can change the whole thing."

"I see, so you want me to use my hearing as a weapon?" he asked.

"Yep! Of course it's not that easy, you will have to have fast reaction time, reflexes, speed, strength, stamina, and durability... but most of all... the will to never give up"

"I still have a long way to go," Zenitsu said, almost fainting.

I started with some easy training, I was making the slightest of sounds, and I wanted to tell him exactly where I was. It was hard for him at first, but I told him if there was even 1 step, a heartbeat, he HAD to attack.

He started to get used to it and was getting quicker. I was impressed, but his reaction time sucked.

I could tell Kaigaku was watching us from afar and was asking what we were doing.

"The hell are you doing, All the dumbass is blindfolded and is pointing the stick to where you land," Kaigaku said.

"Well, if Zenitsu ever comes to the ability to lose his sense of sight, he can have an alternate move of using his ears. And it will help, if he ever battles a strong demon, he will know the move like 2 seconds before it actually happens," I said proudly.

"Woah, I can do that!" Zenitsu said, star-eyed.

"Of course, you can!"

"Tch, what a waste of time. Kuwajima, teach me some ACTUAL good moves" he said.

"Oh- um... Zenitsu..." I said looking at him.

"It's fine! I can... work on the strength in my thigh"

"Okay, if you say so," I said.

After leaving Zenitsu, I kind of felt bad, but I... I wanted to teach Kaigaku a lesson.

After moving away from Zenitsu, Kaigaku took his ready stance.

"Okay, come at me with full speed, and I will stop it," he said.

"Fine"

I took my ready stance, I took a deep breath. Imagine if Kaigaku was a demon. I put all my strength into my thigh muscles. I then took off.

"Thunder Breathing, First from Thunderclap and Flash," I said, imitating the movements I would have with my sword.

After I karate chopped Kaigaku in the neck.

"W-What the, so fast." He said.

"Well, Zenitsu can almost stop it. You suck with reflexes and your reaction time is just so crappy, work on those." I told him.

"How can I?" he asked.

"Well... try to focus on where the opponent is moving, with immense concentration, you can tell where the opponent is moving. After that, you have to have fast reflexes to be able to dodge, and make your own attack." I said.

"I see..."

"Maybe try meditating," I told him, "But you prabab-"

"I will do it," he said walking off to a corner, which surprised me. I thought he would want more movement. I sighed and went over to Zenitsu. He was actually trying. I smiled. Zenitsu wasn't being a crybaby nor a simp.

He was a warrior.

I walked toward him asking if he was okay, and he burst into tears.

"Kimiko-chan, what if my legs break? Will I ever be a demon slayer!!!?"

"Of course Zenitsu, like I said before. Just focus on mastering the first form, kay?"

"Sniff, okay..."

2 years passed and Zenitsu and I were close. I would teach him, my training was starting to get more brutal as time passed. Kaigaku started being a little nicer... to ME. I always told him to be nicer to Zenitsu, but he never listened. My ranks got higher and higher. Zenitsu and Kaigaku were powerful, they were not the only one's training.

I was ranked Kinoto. 2 ranks below Hashira. Kaigaku approached me.

"Hey I have something to tell you..."

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"I like you..."

"What?"