Chapter 11

You awoke to see the endless desert.

"N/N! You're awake!" Yuu sighed in relief.

"Man, I really do keep passing out, huh?" You rubbed your eyes as you adjusted to the heat.

"Jamil...... why.....?" You saw Kalim had broken down.

It was understandable. He trusted Jamil a lot, and never would have expected him to betray him.

"Kalim......" you walked next to him and placed a hand on his back.

"Do you know why he did this? You spent time with him!" Kalim cried.

"....Well, he felt like..... he couldn't be himself...... he always had to be below you...... he was mad that you didn't notice his struggles......" you looked down. It was hard to break it to Kalim, knowing it could make things worse.

"Jamil..... I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry.....I'm sorry...." the white haired boy repeatedly apologised to someone that wasn't there.

~

Poor thing

I know

You have to help him. He reminds me so much of my brother. Seeing him like this, hits a bit too close to home.....

Ah, I see.

~

"Hey Kalim, there's a way we can get back. You just have to use your Unique Magic and create an oasis for us to get back. The Octavinelle trio can swim ahead since their part fish." You sat next to the weeping boy.

"Really? Will we be able to save Jamil?" Kalim looked up, hope shining in his eyes.

"Yes, we can if we try." You smiled at him.

This time, no one was jealous. They all knew Kalim needed the reassurance that they could save his friend.

Kalim did as you told him to and off you went, all the way back to where you came from.

~

"Man, Jamil really feels the need to be showered with compliments?" Yuu asked, seeing Jamil make all of Scarabia students compliment him to no end.

"Give him a break! He probably has never been complimented this much before!" You whisper-shouted at Yuu.

Kalim he volunteered to go ahead and grab the Magic Pens which had been stolen from the others.

"I'm the reason this happened! So I have to do it!" He had said.

It annoyed you. That after all this he still blamed himself. Yes he should have noticed, but Jamil was at fault for his method of revenge.

You watched as he sneaked over, all the way to the Magic Pens.

But he accidentally knocked over the bowl that held them. Shit.

"You! What are you doing here!?" Jamil growled.

Que the whole ass fighting with him.

~

Damn he's strong

I know

For once I'm agreeing with both of you

Dang even weird voice-?

Lmao focus you idiot

Yeah, don't die, I'll die too if you do

Yeah yeah

~

"Jamil for fuck's sake! Just stop! Killing Kalim won't do anything! It's killing you more!" You shouted at him, slightly injured.