Chapter 29: Hey, Sister II

Thankfully the strong winds mixed with Jennie's magical currents sped their journey up north quite a bit. Typically, it'd take Lisa a week and some change to get all the way up to Thailand's trading route, but instead it only took them five days.

They didn't encounter any other boat along the way, although Lisa did spot a few incredibly far off in the distance heading away from them.

Through the five days of travel Lisa kept track of where they were meticulously. If she wasn't sailing, then she was charting. Every once and a while Jennie would pull up next to her to visit, or vice versa, but both women were so busy fulfilling their duties as captain that it was hard to spend time together.

Lisa was currently looking across the waves at The Devil's Heart a few hundred yards away, trying to see if she couldn't spot Jennie's hat from this distance.

She was so busy looking that she almost missed the medium sized ship along her starboard side, just before the horizon. The only reason Lisa noticed it was because one of the crew up in the crow's nest called loudly down to her, pointing it out.

Quickly stepping away from the helm, she pulled out her spyglass to look at the ship sailing towards them, further north. Although they were still quite some ways away, Lisa could see that it was clearly a merchant ship.

Smiling at their luck, she collapsed the telescope and hurried to write a quick message to Jennie, pointing out the ship. She sent the hawk across the water, watching it land safely.

It only took a few minutes before the hawk was flying back over, a reply attached to its legs.

"Good eye, Captain Manoban. You know the plan. –Athena"

As soon as Lisa finished reading the message, a bell sounded from The Devil's Heart, ringing loudly over the whistling wind. There was a noticeable increase in speed as Jennie guided them directly towards the targeted vessel.

Bounding across the waves, it took only an hour before they were upon the yellow and navy blue vessel. Jennie's ship blew multiple warning shots dangerously close to the decently sized ship, daring them to try and run.

The flag showed a house crest that Lisa didn't recognize as she steered the ship around to cut off the originally fleeing ship, noticing that Jennie was obviously pulling it closer towards her.

The other five ships also circled around the merchant vessel while The Devil's Heart pulled close to board her; the plan was to keep the ship as undamaged as possible- Jennie's crew would capture or kill the opposing crew and take over.

Lisa watched the chaos unfold as she circled close to the rather expensive looking vessel, noticing that lots of its crew were starting to abandon the deck in favor of the water. It didn't take long for Jennie to also notice while she fought on the deck, calling upon the creatures at her disposal to feast upon the fleeing.

Pulling out her telescope again, Lisa looked around the merchant deck, seeing what was happening a few hundred yards away. The entire crew consisted of men, Jennie up on the helm's deck fighting off the man who looked to be the captain.

It wasn't odd that the crew was all men- what was out of the ordinary, however, was when Lisa spotted the figure of a woman leaning across the bow of the ship, clearly contemplating if she should jump into the monster infested waters or turn and face the pirates.

Looking closer, Lisa felt as if she was staring at a ghost through her spyglass.

Light blonde hair, large brown eyes noticeable even from the blurry distance of the spyglass; a broad jaw and flat chin.

Roseanne looked terrified as she looked between the water and the pirates, her lips mouthing a slew of cuss words and god knows what else.

The telescope slipped out of Lisa's hands, clattering loudly to the deck as she stared in disbelief.