💧Lost💧

TW: Suicide⚠️

Type: angst

"911 what's your emergency?"

I let a few tears stream, replying with a shaky breath. This wasn't happening. I couldn't breathe, I was devastated. Even that was an understatement.

I held the phone closer to my ear, hearing the incoherent mumbling coming from the other end. I tried to talk, but instead stifled a sob, bracing myself for what was coming.

✯a few hours earlier✯

I had just gotten back from my summer vacation. I was feeling great. I went alone for once, it's not that I didn't want to bring Zander, but he insisted that I go alone, so I went along with his wishes.

I knocked harshly on the front door, banging it with my knuckles. I pulled away after hearing it unlock from the inside.

As it opened, I saw the one person I longed for on the other side: Zander. After realising it was me, he smiled, though looking a little confused. "Hey, Luke! You're back already?" He cocked his head, still a small smile on his lips. I could tell he was excited to see me.

I smiled sheepishly, "Yeah, I couldn't go any longer without seeing you." I blushed slightly, grinning at my boyfriend. "I just missed you too much..." I admitted, looking straight into his beautiful, glimmering eyes. They looked so pretty.

He blushed too, rolling his eyes at my comment. I was waiting for him to reply with something like, 'Shut up' or 'That's so cheesy'. I waited, but he didn't reply. I shrugged it off and walked inside our house, unpacking my stuff.

After I'd finished, I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch with Zander. He looked at me and leant down on my shoulder. He felt so cold for some reason. He cuddled up to me, I could feel him slightly shivering. "Are you cold, sweetie?" I asked, watching him as his eyelids fell closed over his eyes.

He only hummed in response, still shaking slightly. I gave a concerned look before removing my jacket and wrapping it around him. It was summer, so it probably wasn't very warm.

He smiled contently, nuzzling back into the crook of my neck.

I layed my head back, trying to relax. I ruffled Zander's hair softly, his smooth strands of hair against my fingers calmed me for some reason. I turned my golden gaze to Zander's face. He didn't look very happy. Well, actually he hadn't looked very happy at all recently. He actually seems a little bit depressed. I've confronted him about it many times, but he always tells me he's fine, or he's dealing with it. I'm starting to worry.

Suddenly I felt pressure around my torso; Zander was gripping on me tightly, "Zan? What are you doing?" I asked, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear as he adjusted himself.

He didn't reply, but I instead received a sad look from him. He whimpered slightly, I could even see very small tears welling in his eyes. "Baby? What's wrong?"

He still didn't reply, this time he just rose from the couch and ran upstairs with my jacket. I decided to just let him be. He had a lot of things going on with him at the moment, like Drew. That idiot had been harassing him online. It had stopped ever since I went on vacation, but it's still something he wasn't completely over. Drew was sending him hate messages daily, constantly, making Zander feel terrible about himself. And then there's also his biological father. He had gotten back with his mother after she and Michael had their divorce, creating another horrible thing for Zander, not to mention he wasn't speaking to Hailey anymore, and now they weren't siblings. His biological father was beating his mother and was bribing her to stay with him. Zander sometimes had mental breakdowns about all this, also remembering all the trauma from his childhood. I tried my best to comfort him, but he'd often push me away, telling me he was okay.