Chapter 217 - Knocked Out

"Hey! How's it going?" Lily asked as she popped in one day after work later that week. They were still settling in and it took them all a while to adjust to the new house.

"Well Emilia slept through the night in her own room last night so that's great." Clara smiled.

"And you? How you feeling?" Lily asked.

"Just fabulous." She laughed.

"Yeah? Pregnancy suits you huh?" Lily smirked.

"Something like that. For once it actually seems like everything is going to be okay, you know? I just always worry about everything but now..."

"Everything's come together?" She interrupted.

"Yep. The house, the baby, even John is being a good dad. I can't get over how perfect everything is right now." Clara smiled happily.

"And in a few weeks you'll have a new baby to ruin all that." Lily joked.

"You kid but it's going to be hard. Luckily Chris has time off and John said he'd be happy to take Emilia off our hands whenever." Clara explained.

"And I'm always here." Lily said.

"I know but you already do too much." She scoffed.

"Like what? I'm just helping a friend!" Lily defended herself.

"Lil, you cook, you clean, you babysit, you drive my kid around, you help us move in! You come whenever I call you and it's the most amazing thing I can ask for in a best friend." Clara smiled.

"Oh you know I do most of that because I enjoy it. Plus— until recently you were all alone and you needed that help." Lily shrugged.

"You and Richard are lifesavers Lily and we don't tell you enough." Clara stood and hugged her slightly as she tried to navigate a hug with a pregnant stomach.

- - - - -

"How's the new journey from school?" Clara asked as Eva came in the front door and sat down at the kitchen table with Clara.

"Alright actually. I think I have the bus timetable memorised. Then I timed how long it takes from here to the new bus stop." Eva smiled.

"How accurate! But you know if you memorise the whole bus timetable you won't have room in that head of yours for those important A-Levels you're taking." Clara joked.

"There's plenty of room. Plus I'm 18 soon and everyone know you get extra storage then." Eva laughed back at her.

"18! Imagine my baby being 18 years old." Clara sulked.

"Hey, if it helps you don't look old enough to have an 18 year old." Eva joked.

"You flatter me. But before we celebrate you being a fully fledged adult I will have yet another kid." Clara explained.

"You will!" Eva squeaked.

"I'm so done after this. No more kids. I swear." Clara sighed.

"You said that after me and Emilia. Yet here we are." Eva joked.

"Well that's because you come out and you're just so cute! Then I can't resist having more. Except this time— I'm done I swear." Clara exclaimed.

"Good to hear." Eva laughed.

"Oh and Ave... Your dad is going to be here after dinner, about 8 to pick you up." Clara explained. "He had some meeting or something so he'll swing by after."

Eva went to head upstairs and get changed but stopped at the bottom of the stairs and turned back to her mum.

"Well... mum I've been thinking..."