Part 4

As Janessa was about to get up and leave, the doors to the doughnut shop slammed open, making her jump.

She looked over to where the noise came from and saw four men all dressed in black carrying substantially large guns.

Her heart beat quickened. This was it. Her boyfriend sent them.

Janessa turned to the boy. "Hmm, that was fast." the boy whispered to himself, the girl looked at him with a confused expression but never seemed to notice her. "I thought I'd have more time before they found me." he whispered again to himself.

"So let;s be proffesional about this, yeah?" One of the men questioned. "On your feet and come with us, they want to talk." the man continued.

Janessa always did what she was told. She knew that every action had a consequence, for her it was always bad. She got up without hesitation, and looked down at the boy, who still, was not standing up.

"I've got nothing to say." the boy stated with authority. "What are you doing?" Janessa whisper-shouted at the stupid boy. He didn't even look up at her. "It doesn't have to go this way" one of the men said "Do you think I want to shoot some kids? Go home with that on my consience?" he quizzed.

The boy finally spoke up, "Well... I wouldn't worry about that, you won't be going home." He looked over his shoulder at the men.

As Janessa looked back at the odd boy, he grabbed the knife he was 'playing' with and disappeared.

Had the hit given her brain failure?

He was gone..... "How could he just vanish, why did he leave me alone with these men" Janessa thought, still looking at the place where the boy once was.

She heared a screamed, and looked towards the armed men, the one closest to her has something long poking out of his eye.

---------

The lights were flickering now, Janessa had no idea what was going on. Though her tired eyes caught glimpses of what was happening.

It seemed to her that the odd boy would appear out of nowhere, say or do something and then disappear again. His actions mirrored her boyfriend's ones almost perfectly.

Janessa was about to take cover when the worst thing imaginable happened. 

A bullet came flying her way, of course no 'normal' human being can react quick enough to move out of the way.

There was nothing for her to do.

Suddenly she was flying, it wasn't like the euphoric feeling when you fly on a plane for the first time, it was more of like a 'I'm falling to my death' kind of thing. 

She was pushed away by something unknown to her. It was like a force field pushing her away from the inevitable danger.

She crashed into the wall across from where she was standing before. Her head hitting it. She fell down to the floor and groaned in pain. Her head was burning, but it wasn't the morbid heat that she couldn't stand, rather the smoke that curled and crowded her head, slowly suffocating her, until everything went black.

Janessa gave a last glance at the boy. He was looking at her with what seemed like worry plastered on his bloodstained face.

That was when she realized what had saved her from that bullet.

It was him.

Looking into his green eyes was almost like looking into the cloudy sky. Some may dread the days where the sun is out of sight, where the birds are no longer singing.

She had always loved rainy days, it appealed to her that she too was not the only one crying. It seemed to her that the sky had days where it couldn't hold it in any longer.

She knew it was him. The mysterious boy, he had saved her from dying a very painful death. But why? Why should he bother?

It made no sense to her that someone, whom she had never talked to, would save her.