Part 11-will you marry me?

When we arrive at the Gillis I see Ruby standing next to Jane and Josie as always. The three of them give me a look and the moment Gilbert looks their way, Ruby puts on the biggest smile she can, waving at him. Gilbert just looks at them and I think Ruby went insane, she fell into their arms and they flapped their hands so she could get some air.

We both walk inside with our fingers interlocked, we greet Mr. Gillis and he and Gilbert start to have a conversation. I left to get a drink running into Anne.

"Hello there Anne, how's Louis doing?"

"He is doing fine, just a little heartbroken.  Him and I had a little chat while I cleaned his wounds."

"Oh," I said, grabbing a bit of wine that was on the table pouring it.

"Isn't your birthday coming up?"

"Yeah it is, I dont think I'm gonna do anything for it. Arthur and I would usually just bake a cake."

"And your parents? Won't they come and celebrate it with you?"

"No, sadly my parent are gone"

"Oh, my apologies, I didn't know."

"It's fine, Anne. I'm gonna go look for Gilbert."

"Be careful. Ruby doesn't start talking to him, once she does, she never stops."

I nod, giving her a smile then walking away.

"Hello, everyone. I would like to give everyone some news." Said Mr. Gillis, tapping on the glass wine cup, getting everyone's attention quickly.

"I would like to say thank you for coming everyone and before I tell everyone the news. I would like to say congratulations to the future, Mrs. Blythe."

I look at Ruby who then gives me a look, you can see the sadness and anger in her eyes. Everyone looked at me clapping and I didn't know what to do. My cheeks got red, and I choke down my drink, not knowing what to do. I see Gilbert walking towards me covering me so I can calm down because I looked like I was freaking out. He grabs my hand placing a kiss on it, giving everyone a show.

He gets down on one knee and says those four words right after my name.

"Aurora Lillian Wright, will you marry me?"

I stood there for a second remembering that we need this so I get to stay. I needed people to witness this just in case.

"Yes." I said with a smile as he stood up and kissed my soft lips. I could hear everyone cheering and I could feel Ruby's eyes giving me an up and down look.  It sends shivers down my spine.

"I would like to say congratulations and so would my family." Said Mr.Gillis but I knew he was lying since Ruby gave me the death stare.

"We hope you guys have an amazing wedding and my wife and I would like to help you pick everything out, if you would let us?"

"Yes, you can." I said looking at Gilbert as he gave me a smile.

"Okay, well now for my big news." He took a long pause. "I'm going to be retiring." He said and everyone cheered for him, but his wife looked very angry about it.

At midnight everyone starts leaving and I start helping the maids clean up.

"Aurora, why don't you come sit with me and Ruby so we can have a little chat. " Said Mrs. Gillis

"Oh no, it's fine I'm going to help clean" I said grabbing the empty plates on the table.

"You're not a maid, come sit," she said.