Chapter 36

The trail was slowly disappearing. It was raining hard and many elves had difficulty walking. The king's elk, could not made it up the steep hill. It was obvious that Khalina was trying hard to push the army to their doom. 

"Are you sure it's this way, dear?" asked the king, trying to shield his eyes from the storm.

"Yes, the cave must be here somewhere. It is hidden." 

The king ordered the guards to look around. When they came back from the search, no one was able to discover it. 

"Your majesty, there is nothing here. We surely won't find the queen in a forest!" An elf said. 

Suddenly, just as they were going to give up, they heard a scream. 

"STOP, PLEASE." yelled Aerith inside a hidden location. 

Just beside a huge oak tree, was a small concealed cave. A little light came out of it. 

"There!" pointed Merideth. 

The whole army charged inside. Khalina was beside the body of the queen. She was holding a bloody dagger. The witch had a wide grin, she was glad they had all fallen into her trap. 

"Welcome to my home, your majesty." bowing to the king. "Say good bye to it soon for it will be the place where your body will be after I kill you all. The palace will now be my home. No more hiding from all of you, elves. It is time for my revenge." Khalina announced. 

"No, I shall not let you." Thranduil said. 

"I have a negotiation. I stop hurting her, if you give me your throne." The witch put the tip of her dagger slowly to Aerith's side. 

Aerith was shaking her hair. She was saying now. "Don't Thranduil. If I die, it will be alright. Just keep Mirkwood safe." She said. Khalina did not want Aerith to do the talking so she made the dagger go deeper in the queen's skin. "STOP. PLEASE." She yelled.

Thranduil was crying. He wanted to save his wife but he also needed to save his kingdom. 

"How about now?" Khalina said as she was going deeper into Aerith's flesh. 

"No." said the king using all of his courage.

"Are you sure?" She asked as she was going deeper. Blood was rushing out of her body. 

Thranduil could not bare seeing his wife in pain. He was about to give Khalina his crown when all of a sudden, Legolas shot the witch from behind. The arrow went straight through her heart. The witch, later on, fell and died. 

"Legolas! You are here!" Thranduil said in surprise. He did not know his son followed. 

"For family." His son replied. 

Quickly, everyone surrounded Aerith. "It is gonna be alright, Aerith. You will be soon healed."

The healers rushed up to the queen trying to cure her wounds in all parts of her body. A frightened look came on most of their faces. "Your majesty, the wounds don't seem to fade. Our magic is not working." 

The dagger used by Khalina was a very powerful one. It had been passed on to many generations. The dagger contained magic that even the most powerful wizards could not stop it. It was the "Everlasting dagger." It was believed to be the one of the strongest things in Middle Earth. Those who ever got it, almost had invincibility. 

Thranduil and Legolas were crying. They were about to lose their mom and wife. 

"It will be alright." Aerith said to comfort everyone. "The kingdom is safe and I am happy." 

"No. Don't go." Thranduil cried. Not again will he allow his wife to go. 

"I must. You two are the bravest elves I have ever known. You made me strong and happy. While I was in Mount Gundabad, I always thought of you. Memories of us made me stronger each day. Thank you for everything. I love you all." Slowly Aerith was losing motion. She started getting pale until she took her last breath. 

The king was devastated."I love you, Aerith. If I could live a thousand lives, I would always live it with you."

-*If you enjoyed this chapter, vote, comment, or even share to your friends!*-