Chapter 35

Merideth made it to the stables. Fortunately, Thranduil was there. 

"Why did she leave?" She heard Thranduil crying. He was talking to his elk. He was referring to Merideth, he probably saw her letter.

"Thranduil!" She screamed to get his attention.

"Merideth! You came back. I missed you!" Thranduil yelled with tears of joy. He ran up to her and hugged her tight.

"Thranduil, somethings wrong. Your wife, is in terrible danger. Khalina has her in her cave. I don't know what she plans to do but I have a bad feeling about what might happen to Aerith!"

"Really? Is that true? My heavens! All these years, I never thought Khalina would go this far. I cannot believe this! We have to rescue her, but how?"

"I don't know but we have to try everything we can. We must go as soon as possible. For all we know is she might be dead! We must prepare."

"Yes, you are right." He sighed. "Guards!"
Thranduil ordered his servants to prepare. There will be a fight soon. An army versus a witch. "We do not know what Khalina is capable of anymore. We must prepare for extreme measures."

Everyone in the castle prepared and made sure that the king will be safe. Thranduil brought 60 men and 5 healers. They had to fight hard. This wasn't a fight for the throne but a fight for family.

All of them wore protective gear. They brought their strongest iron swords and golden shields.  Thranduil wore his finest armor and rode his elk, Merideth was sitting behind him. 

"Are you sure you know the way?" The king asked her.

"I am certain. We will be able to save her."

-*If you enjoyed this chapter, vote, comment, or even share to your friends!*-