Chapter 5

We walk to the office in silence. Once we get there, the Janice, the nice lady at the main desk that I am quite acquainted with, tells us to go right in.

"Thank you, Janice. I love your shirt, the color compliments your eyes."

"Hello, Gerald." I say, greeting Principal Mellark.

"Ms. Irwin, welcome back." He said.

"Mr. Mellark." Karson does one of those dude-nod things, and Gerald returns it.

"Mr. Addison."

"Are you gonna call my dad, 'because he's in California again. Uncle Luke and Uncle Mikey are at home." I tell him.

"You are facing suspension, Michaela."

"Why? It was self defense! He was bullying my brother, he teased me about my sister, antagonizing me, and he tried to punch me! I'm a little girl, Gerald! Would I do it on purpose?"

This is at least the sixth time since seventh grade, Michaela. You can't keep getting in fights!"

"The only time I get in a fight is when people bully my brother! And they're all older guys!"

"I don't care!" He turns to Karson. "You, sir, are off of the football team for the rest of this season. And you will have detention for two weeks. You are dismissed." Karson ran out of there. He was really uncomfortable. "Call your uncles. Now." He tells me, handing me his office phone.

I dial the number for the house, praying the boys pick up.

"Hello?" Luke says after the third ring.

"Uncle Luke!" I say a little too fast and perky.

"What the fuck did you do this time, Michaela?"

"Got in a fight with a junior on the football team. Just saying, I found out he's dating Callie after I kicked his ass."

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah. Can you take Luka out of class, too? Please?"

"Michael and I will be there in five minutes." He sighs. "Have Luka with you when we get there."

"Love you!"

"I love you too, Michaela." He said, before hanging up.

I walk out of the office, and out to the reception area. "Hey Janice, Luka's coming home with me. He's in Bio with Ms. Paniccia."

"Okay Hun, I'll pull him out now." She says, smiling, before calling his classroom.

"So, Gerald, Luke and Mikey are on their way." I tell him.

"You're being suspended for two days, Michaela."

"Fine." I say.

"And you are towel girl for the Varsity football team."

"What?! Heck no! Gerald, do you have butterflies in your brain again?"

"Michaela!" Luka squeals, interrupting us. "Don't do that!" He said, hyperventilating.

"Luka!" I shout. "Babe, calm down. It's okay, no one can get you, I'm fine, see? I didn't get hurt I'm right here, and you're right there. Everything is alright." He finally calms down enough his breathing is back to normal.

"Michaela!" Uncle Mikey said as he walked in the room with Luke.

"Gerald, this is Uncle Luke and Uncle Michael. Boys, Principal Gerald Mellark."

"Hi, I'm Luke Hemmings, their uncle." Luke says, shaking Gerald's hand.

"What is the punishment?" Luke asked, cutting to the point.

"Two day's suspension and towel girl for the football team."

"No! I'm not going to school without Michaela! No!" Luka freaks out. He sounds like a special needs child, but he's just full of fear.

"Luka, Luka, babe, look at me. You have Shane and Kyle." I cooed.

"They won't help! They never do! I want my sister!" He shouts, latching himself onto me in a strong hug.

"Luka, I love you."

"I love you too."

"Let's go you two." Uncle Mikey said, before pushing us out of the room.