Chapter 28

I woke up screaming in the middle of the night, tears running down my face. I had another nightmare like I did as a child. Dad was watching a crime scene show while we were sleeping about eight years ago, and I woke up, and went downstairs for a drink. I saw the murder happen on the TV, and I had nightmares for a long time. I finally got over them, but once and I while, I have another nightmare about it.
"Daddy!" I cried, as he rushed into the room. "I had another one." I informed him. He sat down on my bed, wrapped his arms around me, and whispered sweet nothings until I calmed down.
"I'm okay now, I'm fine Daddy." I assured him.
"If you're sure, goodnight, honey." He kissed my forehead.
"Night, Daddy." I replied, as he closed the door behind him.
I layed there, staring at the door, for a solid five minutes. "Go, I know you won't sleep if you don't." Luka didn't have to tell me twice. I got up, and used my ninja skills to get to Dad's room unharmed.
"It's a new record, five and a half minutes." Dad joked. I glared at him, even though it was dark. He made room in the bed, and I gladly snuggled into the other half of the bed. I drifted off to a peaceful, dreamless sleep.