Chapter Ten

I woke up the next morning feeling alright. I looked at my phone and saw three text messages. The first one was from Danny. She texted me saying she was so excited about seeing Kendrick. The next one was from Terrance. He said that he was excited to see me. The last one was from Melo. He said that he wanted to hang with me before the concert. I sighed. I don't know what I want to do. I kinda wanna see where me and Terrance go, but at the same time, Melo is starting to grow on me.

I got up and got dressed. I decided to just wear some jeans and a shirt before I had to change for the concert. As I was walking downstairs, I heard some talking downstairs. I heard my moms voice, Donald's voice, and some other male voice.  I wasn't worried about the other voice because I was wondering why Donald was here. He should be moving out or something soon. I got downstairs and saw my mom, Donald, and Melo.

"Hey mom. Hey Melo. What are you doing here?" I said.

"Well, I came to see you. I was wondering if you wanted to go get some breakfast." Melo said.

"Yeah sure. Why not."

Then I turned to Donald. "Are you here to pack all your stuff? I can help you. The faster you're out, the faster our lives can continue."

"Vicki," Said my mom. "Let's talk about all of this later. You are going out with Melo."

"What is there to say mom? He's moving out, and we won't have to see him anymore."

"It's not that simple honey. But we will talk about this later."

"No. We are going to talk about this now."

"Okay. Honey, I decided that Donald doesn't have to move out. We are going to try and work this out."

"Are you serious right now?"

"Yeah. Honey. This is something we have to talk about later."

I stared at her. "There is nothing else to say. Let's go Melo."

I walked out the door. She has to be kidding me. She's going to forgive him and pretend like this didn't happen. What in the world. Once a cheater, always a cheater. If you take him back, that's like saying go ahead and cheat. I don't understand it.

Melo opened the car door for me. I got in and sat there. Melo got into the car and started to drive. The ride was quiet until he spoke.

"What was that about?"

"Donald cheated on my mom. She took him back."

"Oh. Is that a good thing?"

"No! No it's not good. He's a cheater. If he can cheat on her once, he can cheat on her again!"

"Okay! Chill. I didn't come here to argue with you."

"What did you come for then?"

"To chill with you. I hope you remember what I said yesterday. I did mean it Tori."

I smiled.

"I remember."

"So be real with me then. How do you feel about me?"

"I liked you in the beginning Melo. But then Jasmine came and then the feelings kinda got smaller. They aren't completely gone, but it's not too large."

"Alright. How do you feel about Terrance?"

"He's cool. He has some qualities I like. I don't know for sure though."

"Okay. I guess you just being honest. But let's get some food. I'm hungry as hell."

I laughed. "Alright."