Chapter Four

I sighed as I walked into school on Monday. The weekend went by way to fast. After practice on Saturday, I went home and chilled. As I was looking through Instagram, I saw a picture that Danny posted. It was a picture of them after the movies. It looked like they were on a triple date. What ever though. 

I got to my locker and opened it. I have homeroom first. I don't need anything for homeroom, so I put the books that were in my bag, into the locker. I was about to close my locker when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw Melo. I smiled. He was looking fine today. Even though all he was wearing were sweat pants and a sweat shirt, he looked like a bag of money!

"Hey Melo."

"Hello beautiful." He said while licking his lips. I smiled.

"What's up?"

"Oh you know. Just walking my future wife to homeroom."

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow. "And where is she?" 

"I'm looking at her."

I laughed. He thought I was his future wife. He got his priorities messed up.

"So," I said while closing my locker and starting to walk to homeroom. "What do you see yourself doing with this future wife?" I asked him. 

"I don't know. Probably just chilling here in Coral Springs. Have a couple children." He said while rubbing his neck.

"Oh. So after college, you're just gonna move back here and start a family?"

"Nah. I'm not going to college."

I stopped in the middle of the hall.

"What do you mean you don't plan on going to college?" I asked horrified. I can't wait to go to college. It's gonna be amazing. Finally getting to experience the real world, living without parents, and having freedom. 

"College isn't in my plans." He said while pulling me along to homeroom again. "I just don't think it's right for me."

"How do you expect to get a good job?"

"All you really need is a high school diploma. I'll be good. Don't worry about it shorty."

All I could do was worry about it. We got into homeroom and sat down. Melo dapped up some of his friends, and started a conversation. Usually, I would go on my phone and play a game. But all I could do was think of the future. In a couple months, we would be graduating from highschool. Then, we would be going to college to have a great experience, and learn many things. The thought of Melo not getting that, hit me right in the heart. College is also a good place for NBA recruits. He could play on a team, and maybe get into the NBA.

I heard the bell ring. I missed all of homeroom being caught up in my thoughts. I got up and went to my next class after telling Melo goodbye. The rest of the day, I was thinking of the future. I know exactly what I want in my future. After I graduate, I plan on going to Notre Dame in Indiana. After going there for four years, I plan on graduating with a degree in business. After that, I plan on getting a temporary job as a manager at a camp. After that. I'm going to make a basketball summer camp. While that is in full swing, I plan to work on getting my masters degree. After a couple years, I plan on having ten camps around the country. When everything is settled, I plan on settling down, and starting a family. This has been my plan since I was about ten. Now, I'm eighteen.

It's finally lunch time, and I'm ready to eat! I have been hungry for ages! I put all my stuff in my locker and went to the cafeteria. I got there and walked over to our table. Already sitting there were Drake, Danny, Melo, and Jasmine. Then I also saw Bianca and Matt. I had no idea that they went here also.