Chapter Eleven

"Hello?"

"Hey Melo. It's Victoria."

"What's up? How was the concert?"

"It was great, but we're kind of in a jam."

I heard some rumbling around. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Terrance had to leave back to Coral Springs and he kind of left us here. We need a ride back, and we have practice tomorrow. And I have a boat load of homework I haven't done yet. Do you think you can come get us?"

"Of course. Send me your location."

I took the phone off of my ear and sent him my location. "Okay, I sent it. How long do you think till you're here?"

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

"Fifteen? Coral Springs is about forty five minutes  away though." I said confused on how he could get here so fast.

"I'm actually in Miami right now. I'll explain later."

"Okay. See you soon."

"Bye."

I was more than confused on what Melo was doing in Miami. He didn't even tell me that he was coming down here.

"Who did you call?" Asked Danny.

"Melo. He should be here in fifteen minutes."

"That quick? Cool." She said while she went back to her phone. I smiled. She was so chilled about everything. I wish I could be as calm and collected at times. I was still peeved at Terrance leaving us here. Like who does that? Melanie's emergency better be that she's dying. Even so, she should call the hospital, not Terrance.

As I was sitting there thinking about how stupid Terrance is, a car pulled up. It was a sleek black Escalade. The door opened and out walked Melo. I smiled. He kept his word and was literally there for me. I got up and gave him a hug.

"Thank you." I whispered to him.

He hugged me a bit tighter, letting me know he heard me.

"Melo!" Said Drake.

"What's up man?" Melo said while giving Drake some dap.

"Nothing except having to suffer because of Vicks stupid choices in men. Seriously Vick, start dating cool people." Said Drake while getting in the car.

"Shut up Drake. You weren't complaining when we were at the concert." I said while I got in the car. I sat in the passenger set, while Drake and Danny sat in the back. Melo started up the car and started driving.

"Whatever. You should date my man Melo. He's as real as it gets. And he's gonna go pro, so the money is gonna be lit." Drake said while slinging his arm around Danny.

I turned around. Mostly because I didn't wanna continue to argue with his dumb self. And because I blushed at the thought of me and Melo kissing. I glanced over at Melo and he wiggled his eyebrows. I laughed.

"Can we get food?" Said Danny. "I'm hungry as shit."

"I have something you can put in your mouth." Said Drake with a smirk.

She looked over at him and blushed. They are so gross sometimes. Like goodness. There are other people in this car.

"You two better not have sex in the back of my car." Melo said.

"Does oral sex count?" Drake said.

I burst out laughing. This dude has no chill. Oh my gosh.

"Yes you idiot. The only person getting any in my car is me." Melo said while brushing his shoulder.

"Oh really." I said. "And who would be giving it to you?"

"Uhm. No one. I'm just saying if I was to have sex with anyone it would be in my car. No, that came out wrong. I don't only want to have sex in my car, I want to do it in a bed too. That was wrong too. I mean, I'm not having sex with anyone." He rambled.

I laughed. "Melo, chill. I'm kidding with you. Your business is your business."

Before he could say anything, we pulled up to McDonalds. We got out of the car and walked in. It was a Saturday night, so it was pretty packed. Everyone who's either about to go to a club or is coming back from a club is eating. Almost all of the woman were wearing skin tight dresses with stripper heels. I was wearing jeans and a nice shirt, so I felt somewhat out of place.

Danny and I went to sit down while the boys went and got the food. While we were waiting, we saw some girls go up to Melo and Drake. Danny acted like she didn't care, but I could see her staring out the corner of her eye.

The girls walked away looking disappointed while Danny smiled. The boys came to the table with the food and we dug in. Danny and Drake started having their own conversation so I started to talk to Melo. Before I could say anything, my buzzed from a text. I looked at it, it was from Terrance. This boy thinks I'm going to talk to him after he left us here? Uh uhh honey.

"Ole boy still blowing up your phone?" Asked Melo.

"Yeah." I said. "He should take a hint and leave me alone. Wait he already did that."

"Chill out. Everything is cool. You went to the concert, have a ride home, got some food, and get to chill with a cool dude like me." Melo said with a smile.

I laughed. "Yeah whatever. What are you doing here in Miami anyway?"

Melo got a hard look on his face. "I came to see my dad."

Melo has never really talked about his dad. All I really know is he stepped out of his life. I put my hand on his back and rubbed it. He grabbed my hand and held it in his own. He placed a small kiss on the back of my hand and continued eating. I smiled. I finished eating and soon we were on the road back to Miami.

On the way there, the car was quiet. Danny was the first one to fall asleep, and Drake followed quickly after. I was feeling tired, but I don't want Melo to be the only one awake. My eyes were hella droopy and I could feel myself slipping into sleep.

When I woke up, we were at Drake's house. He woke up and started to get out.

"Thanks for the ride dude." Drake said to Melo.

"No problem man. I'll see you tomorrow at practice." Melo said.

Danny and Drake kissed, and then we were on the way to Danny's house. We got there and Danny said her goodbyes. The last stop was my house. We pulled up and sat in the car for a while.

"Thank you once again for picking us up." I said.

"You don't have to thank me. I wanted to be there for you." Melo said while grabbing my hand.

I blushed. I didn't know what to say. Melo slowly leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back for a while before pulling away. I smiled.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Melo said.

"Till then." I said while getting out of his car.