Chapter Seven

I woke up the next morning with Danny and Bianca hitting me. I looked around and saw that it was almost time for school. I got up and went into the bathroom. I took a shower and got ready. Danny and B were still getting ready so I went downstairs. Donald was sitting at the kitchen on his phone. When he saw me walk in, he immediately put down his phone. 

"Good morning sweetheart." Said Donald. 

"Morning."

"Do you want some breakfast?"

"Nah. I'm not hungry."

"Okay. I wanted to talk to you real quick."

"What's up?"

"I have to go on a business trip today. I'll be gone till Monday. I'm leaving in a hour. I want you to take care of your mom. I know you want to hang out with your friends or whatever, but just make sure she's okay while I'm gone."

"Alright. Where you going?"

"Somewhere in California. Nothing too big. If you need me, just call me."

"Okay."

As I was about to ask more questions, B and Danny came down. We said goodbye and went to school. On the way there, we listened to music and chilled. Once we got to school, Danny and I went in separate directions from Bianca. We had a meeting for the game on Friday. On the way there, I decided to bring up Miami.

"So Danny, what did you want to do on Saturday?" I asked her.

"I don't know. Probably just watch movies and eat. Why?"

"Because I have tickets to go see Kendrick Lamar this Saturday."

"What?! When did you get those?"

"Well Terrance got them and told me to invite you and Drake. So do you want to go to that instead of staying at my house?"

"Duh! But we have a game on Saturday."

"I know. It's after the game. It's gonna take about 45 minutes to get to Miami."

"It's in Miami?!"

"Yeah! He really wants me to go, but I'm not ditching you for a guy."

"Girl! We can go. I love me some Kendrick."

"Alright cool."

We got to the gym and waited for our coach to come. Our coach is a guy named Tanner Witmore. But we just call him Coach T. He's the guy that will push you like you have never been pushed. The reason I'm so good, is because of him. He's the best of the best. He walked into the room, and started talking to us. 

"Alright ladies. You know we have the game on Friday. If we win this game, I think I can get some college scouts out here for some other games. Most of you are seniors and are looking for scholarships to get you to college. I'll have some big time people here, so be prepared for this game. Any questions?"

Jasmine rose her hand. "Coach, if we win the game on Friday, who are going to be the starters for the next game?"

"Our normal starters. Why would we change?"

"Well, some of us here can afford to go to college without the scholarship. So I just think that them playing in the game would be unfair."

The whole time she was talking, she was staring at me. Whatever though. She doesn't intimidate me. 

"I'll think about it. Now, go to class before you're late."

We all got up and started walking to class. For the rest of the day, I was thinking about what Jasmine said. Would it be selfish for me to play in the game that had scouts? I don't need a scholarship to get into college. My parents already said they would pay. 

Now we were sitting in lunch. It was the normal people here except for Danny and Drake. They skipped for the rest of the day to have some couple time. I sometimes wish for a relationship like theirs. They always seem to know what the other wants, and spend so much time together. I was thinking when I felt a nudge on my arm. I looked up and everyone was looking at me.

"What?"

"We asked if you wanted to go to the beach with us on Saturday after your game." Said Bianca.

"Oh, I can't. I'm going to Miami."

"Miami? For what?"

"Danny, Drake, and I are going to a Kendrick Lamar concert."

"How did you score those tickets? Did daddy buy them for you?" Asked Jasmine in a stuck up way. 

"No." I growled out. "Terrance scored them for us."

"Are you guys getting serious?" Asked Dre. 

"We've been on one date." 

"Oh. If he gives you any problems, let me know. I'll kick his ass." Said Dre while cracking his knuckles. 

I laughed. Dre and I have gotten pretty close. I see him as the brother I never had. He is so funny and caring. I so have to invite him and Riley over so they can get together. 

Lunch finally ended and I was so ready to go home. It is Friday and I am ready to go home and chill. I should probably go shopping first. I need a cute outfit for the concert tomorrow. I would invite someone to go shopping with me, but I need some me time. I feel like I'm always around someone. I just need sometime to chill alone. I got into my car and drove to the mall. 

Once I got there, I went to Forever 21. I was looking at some shirts when I heard giggling. I looked over and saw a woman. She looked like she was probably a couple years younger than my mother. She was looking through some jeans when a guy came and grabbed her waist. I thought how cute that couple was, until I got a good look at the guy. It's my moms husband Donald. Oh, my gosh. He's here cheating on my mom! Okay, calm down Victoria. Maybe he's just helping her with clothing. 

He then turns around and kisses her. Oh my gosh. I'm so gonna call him and see what he has to say. 

"Hello?" Said Donald. 

"Hey Donald. I just got home from school and was wondering how long you were gonna be in California? I forgot."

"It's not that important. I'll be gone for a little while. I have some important business to deal with." When he said this, he smiled at his whore. I shook my head. I can't believe he would do this to my mom. What the hell? 

"Oh. Okay. Just so you know, you are the most disgusting human being I have ever met. I can't belive that you have the nerve to lie to me, or cheat on my mother. She gave you everything you have ever wanted. A home, a family, stability, and a loving wife. To cheat on her with a blond whore is a down grade. I hope your 'trip' is nice. When you get back, you can get the rest of your shit, and get out." I said.

"Victoria. Wait. This isn't what it loo-" I hung up the phone and ran out of the store. I can't believe that that happened.