Chapter Twelve

I woke up the next morning feeling well. I had a good time at the concert, chilled with Melo, and got a goodnight kiss. Terrance is now the last person I am thinking about. Speaking of Terrance, he's been blowing my phone up for the longest time. I didn't reply to any of his messages. Why? Because I honestly don't know if it's going to go anywhere. And also because I like Melo.

I got up and brushed my teeth. After I was done, I went to find some food before starting on my homework. I walked downstairs to see my mom and Donald sitting there. They both gave me a big smile while I kept a neutral face. I hated Donald and I wanted my mom to leave him, but if she wants to stay with a cheater, that's her life.

"Good morning sweetie." Said my mom. "How was the concert?"

"Pretty good." I said while pouring some cereal into a bowl.

"Did you get to meet Kendrick after the show?" Asked Donald.

I kept silent while putting some milk into the bowl. I don't know who he's talking to. He better look for another kid because this one isn't talking to him.

"Victoria Brown, Donald is talking to you!" Said my mom.

"Oh? I didn't hear him." I said while leaving the kitchen and starting to head up the stairs. I could hear Donald telling my mom that it was fine and that I would come around. Yeet. He has his thoughts wrong.

I got to my room and ate while starting my homework. I got through most of it before realizing that I need to get to practice soon. I closed my book and got dressed. I grabbed my duffle bag and walked downstairs. I was almost out the door until I heard my mom talking to me.

"Victoria, don't make plans for dinner. Your dad and his family are coming over."

"But mom, you know I don't like them."

"Girl, you think I do? If I have to sit here and make small talk with a guy I hate and his evil wife, so do you. And he's your dad. He wants to spend time with you."

I sighed. "Okay mom. What time are they coming?"

"They should be here around 6:30."

"Okay, I'll be here I guess."

"Okay sweetie, I love you!"

"Love you too mom!" I said while walking out the door. Sigh. My dad, his wife, and the two devils are coming. I don't hate my dad, but I hate his family. His wife is okay to me. She doesn't get along with my mom because we thinks my mom still loves my dad. She comes over and critiques everything that my mom does. She is nice to me, but she's just way to preppy for me. When I first met her, she said we should go shopping. Me being the nice person I am, said sure. This woman shows up at seven in the morning on a Saturday. Like... Where?

She's nice and all but her two children are the horrible so I think she's horrible by association.  He daughter Megan is a pain in the but. She wants to be spoiled, but her parents don't spoil her. Why? Cause she's always doing stupid things. She doesn't have good grades, hangs with hoes, and has an attitude. Her brother Tommy is cool I guess. He plays football and stuff but he's way too cocky for me. When we first met we didn't talk. He refused to talk to me because I was too 'ugly'. Like..? Whatever. I don't even want to think about them.

I got to my car and was about to get in until I heard my name. I turned around and there was Terrance. He was looking mighty fine in his cargo shorts, t shirt, and Nike. He always looks so casual but so good.