Chapter 10 - Dinner and A Movie

Chapter 10 - Dinner and a Movie

Kate, Angeli and Sarah all love the attention that we get after winning Lip Sync. Personally, I could do without all the lewd comments about our sexy jailbird outfits. I have to say though, I don't mind that Landon still calls me his cute little outlaw. As for the bet, well we won it fair and square, so we decide we want the guys to go all out for our 'Dinner and a Movie.' We're not willing to settle for fast food. We want a nice sit down dinner at a restaurant where we can all get dressed up and make a special evening of it. We also know if we're expecting the guys to pay for our dinners, then we can't make it too expensive. The hardest part though, is finding a night that will work for all of our busy schedules. We finally all agree on the Saturday just before Christmas.

The guys leave it up to us to plan everything. In the end, we choose a new restaurant that is located in the city of Barrie, which is a thirty-minute drive from Harmony Beach. The restaurant is called 'Operators' and Kate heard about it from a close friend of her parents. It turns out the family friend is a partial owner of 'Operators' and was able to get us reservations with just two weeks notice. This is quite an accomplishment since apparently the place is now booking months in advance. Kate says the restaurant is very special, but she refuses to say anything more because she wants it to be a surprise.

The friend also gave Kate three, two-for-one dinner coupons we will be able to use to save the guys some money. Matt and Landon tell Kate and I not to worry, they say they have us covered. Still, we don't want to make it too expensive for Rob and Yanik.

The weeks following Lip Sync fly by. My time is filled with studying and completing school projects. I think every teacher in our school must get together at the same time and decide to assign an essay, major project or test.

When I'm not doing schoolwork I have practices and games for both the girls' varsity volleyball team and my regional hockey team. I hardly get to see any of my friends outside of school, especially Landon. On the rare night when I do not have hockey scheduled, it seems like Landon always does, which is not all bad. I do love it when Landon comes to watch one of my hockey games. I always play better when he is there. He says the same when I am able to watch one of his games. Those times are too rare though, with both our busy hockey schedules.

When school finally lets out for Christmas holidays it goes without saying we are all excited for our planned dinner date; a night when none of us have anything else scheduled. Kate and I are practically vibrating we are so excited.

Kate arrives at my house early in the afternoon to help me figure out what to wear. She is wearing a dressy black pantsuit with a very cute short wasted blazer. She dresses it up with a crisp white, button-down blouse underneath and black high-heeled pumps. Her outfit looks great with her dark hair and dark coloring.

It is so cold outside I decide to wear black dress pants as well. Kate picks out a cherry-red off the shoulder, soft cashmere sweater for me to wear, which is very Christmassy. I borrow a pair of dressy black ankle boots from my ma to finish off my outfit.

I normally wear my long blond hair in a ponytail or a bun, but this time I let Kate talk me into wearing it down with just a little added mousse to set my natural curls. Kate on the other hand often wears her straight brown hair down, so for a change she decides to wear it up in a loose messy bun. She leaves a few wispy strands to fall softly around her face.

Thankfully Rob's parents allow him the use of their family van, which turns out to be big enough to seat all eight of us. His plan is to pick up all of the guys first and then us girls. Kate and I are his last stop. I promised Landon we would be ready on time and told him to get Rob to honk when they got here. Needless to say he has already beeped his horn twice. As usual we are running late. We quickly do our final touch ups with our makeup, then pull our winter jackets on over our outfits and run out to greet our excited yet very impatient friends.