Chapter 1

So, I saw this book and I'm still reading it.. 

I like the story line so I try to make it A BeyNika story.. I hope y'all like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beyonce Knowles stood silently in the shadows of the opulent lobby, her hands in the pockets of her jeans and one shoulder propped against the frame of a large window that faced the street. 

Her whole body was tense, her hazel brown eyes scanning the sidewalk with the intense and total focus of a madman. 

Where in the hell is she? It's ten forty-five. 

She knew Nicki was working tonight. She had called in sick for the last two evenings, but was back to work at Tina's Place, waiting tables on thes wing shift. 

She had checked. 

Her mother owned the bistro where Nicki worked and was generally pretty forthcoming with information when Beyonce wanted it, but she was careful. 

If she wasn't, her only parent would be hounding her to find out why she wanted information on Nicki. Her wonderful but inquisitive mom would be like a bloodhound after a scent if she thought that Beyonce's interest was anything but casual. 

She would be nagged to death, her mother wanting to know exactly what her intentions were with Nicki. 

Beyonce frowned. 

Like she had any intentions? She had fantasies and all of them involved Nicki spread out on her bed, screaming her name as she made her come, over and over. 

Beyonce took a deep breath and slowly blew it back out, trying to get her body to relax and telling herself that she must be insane to take exactly the same position, night after night, for some woman who she had never officially met. 

But here she was...again, her back to the curious doorman,leering out the window like an unbalanced stalker, waiting to get a glimpse of Nicki Maraj. 

Something about the woman brought out strange, territorial,and protective instincts that kept her here, keeping watch, waiting for her to walk by her condo building on her way home from work. 

And then, when she spotted her, she'd do the same thing she always did. She'd follow her at a distance, trying not to alarm her, and wait until she had let herself into her apartment safely before she turned around and walked back home. 

She wouldn't talk to her, or even get close to her. 

She never did. 

It wasn't that she didn't want to, but Nicki was going to nursing school and working full-time at her mother's restaurant. 

According to her mom, Nicki adamantly refused to date because she didn't have the time or energy to put into a relationship. She was probably right about that. 

The insane woman didn't sleep enough, eat enough. She had no one who even worried about her except for her mother...and Beyonce. 

Hell, in the last year, Beyonce had probably cared more about Nicki's well-being than a dozen family members would have, and she couldn't even call her a friend. 

Problem was...she wasn't a family member, and her feelings were far from sisterly. 

God, she was sweet! 

Beyonce had to bite back a groan of frustration as she thought about the first time she had seen Nicki, her brown eyes flashing with humor, black tendrils of silky hair escaping from her ever-present ponytail and her lithe body moving gracefully from table to table at her mom's restaurant.