Chapter 4

Nicki woke late the next day, feeling completely rested and wondering where in the hell she was until she remembered the episode on the sidewalk and her subsequent rescue by Beyonce Knowles. 

Was she here, or had she left for the day? 

Slipping silently out of the massive bed, Nicki popped her head out of the bedroom door, hearing nothing but silence. 

Scooping up a black silk robe that probably belonged to Beyonce, she pulled open a door at the other end of the bedroom, relieved to find the master bathroom. 

She locked the door and stripped quickly, pulling her hair completely free of its confining clip, and letting her clothes lie in a puddle at her feet. 

She needed a shower. 

And coffee! 

Feeling more like herself after finishing in the shower, clean and wrapped in Beyonce's robe, she hesitated as she looked longingly at a toothbrush and toothpaste on the marble counter next to the dual sinks. 

Not wanting to intrude, but desperate for a toothbrush, Nicki opened a few of the cupboards and almost giggled with happiness as she found a brand-new toothbrush still wrapped in plastic. 

She put it to good use and tried to tame her wet hair with one of Beyonce's hairbrushes. 

Belatedly, she hoped she wouldn't mind. 

Make yourself right at home, Nicki. 

Like she would ever own a place like this one? 

The sheer decadence all around her nearly blew her away and she stared at the large garden bathtub with a heavy sigh. 

What she wouldn't give for an hour or so in that tub. 

She wasn't a material girl, but still, she could appreciate a phenomenal bathtub. 

Her apartment only had a tiny shower and a good, long soak was something that would have to wait until she graduated from school and could get her own place. 

And it will have a bathtub. 

She decided right then and there that she would make it a requirement. 

Turning away from the temptation of the huge oval tub, Nicki tightened the robe around her and picked up her clothes and towel, trying not to picture Beyonce's strong, naked body reclining in the water. 

Stupid woman! 

Stop thinking about your boss's daughter and find your damn backpack so you can get the hell away from here. 

Exiting the bedroom, she hesitated, not sure exactly where to go. 

The condo was huge. 

There were spare bedrooms, tastefully decorated, at the other end of the long hallway that led to the master bedroom. 

She almost gasped as she stepped out of the corridor and into a spacious living room with cathedral ceilings and beautiful, tan leather furniture. 

Holy crap! 

Had she ever seen a television that big? 

The screen dominated one wall, making it look almost like a movie theater screen. 

I soooo don't belong here! 

Her bare feet left the plush carpet and landed on smooth tile as she walked slowly into a kitchen that would be any chef's dream. 

Decorated in forest green and cream, it had every convenience a person could ever want and several that she couldn't even identify. 

Nicki spied her backpack on the island table and unzipped it to stuff the borrowed clothing in the large center pocket, still clutching the wet towel because she wasn't quite certain what to do with it.