Chapter 5

The ice around Beyonce's heart cracked just a little as she watched the totally despondent, forlorn woman in front of her break down in tears, her hopeless sobs twisting in her gut. 

Fuck! 

If she could locate her worthless roommate, she'd make her pay for every bit of pain Nicki was suffering right now. 

Unable to stop herself, Beyonce went to her and gathered her body against her own, lifting her into her arms with careful tugs until she came to her feet and put her arms around her neck, turning her face against her chest. 

She could feel her body quivering, her smaller form plastered against her own,keening her misery against her shoulder. 

"Shhh... Nicki. It will all be okay. I'll take care of you." 

Beyonce ran a hand down her silky black hair, knowing that she meant every word. 

It wasn't just something she was saying to quiet her, take away her pain. 

She wanted to take care of this woman who had seen more than her share of bad luck and hardship, bearing it with admirable strength. 

She was special, and her tears nearly undid her. 

She took a deep breath and tightened her arms around her waist, splaying one hand along her slender back, moving the hand in soothing circles to calm her. 

She felt so good, so right in her arms. 

Her cock twitched as she breathed in her alluring scent. 

She smelled like spring and Nicki -a natural,enticing smell that made her mouth water. 

She cursed her twitching cock as she held her pliant, soft body against her. 

Now was not the time to get hard, but she wasn't sure she could be within a mile of Nicki and not get a raging erection. 

A warm sigh left her mouth,making a few tendrils of her hair flutter. 

Beyonce wanted to make all of her problems go away, banish them like they had never existed. 

"We'll deal with it, Nicki. I'll help you."She pulled away from her, swiping tears away with the fingers of both hands. 

"I got you all wet." She hiccuped as she brushed at the front of her damp shirt. 

Beyonce wanted to whine as she pulled herself completely from her arms. 

"It doesn't matter." 

"I can't bawl like a baby all day. I have to see if I can find a shelter. This has put me over the financial edge." 

Her face was composed now, her expression lifeless. 

"No shelter. You can stay here. I have plenty of space." She tried to keep her voice calm, but she was ready to wrestle her to the ground if needed. 

She wasn't going to a shelter. 

She might be broken at the moment, but she would recover. 

"Think reasonably, Nicki. You need help. I'm willing to help you.You can finish your last semester and live here." 

"Why? Why would you want me here? I'm a complete stranger to you." 

She wanted to tell her that she had never been a stranger, not since the first moment she saw her. 

Something had clicked inside her, something raw,and something elemental. 

"You need help. Everybody needs help sometimes. I had my sister. I was lucky." 

"Beyonce, I can't just take advantage of you." 

Oh yeah, you can. 

Anytime you want to. 

Beyonce plopped back into her chair to hide her growing erection. 

Thankfully, she sat and pulled her coffee cup toward her. 

"You aren't taking advantage. You're just accepting a little assistance." 

She snorted before taking a sip of her lukewarm beverage. 

"It's more than a little. I still have more than four months of school left. No money. No clothing. Nothing." 

Even though she wanted to tell her to feel free to walk around naked, she answered, "Sam is getting you some clothes. No worries." She took a deep breath before continuing, "I only have one condition. Otherwise, my assistance is unconditional." 

"What is it?" She looked at her cautiously over her mug. 

"I want you to stop working while you're in school." 

She had to bite back a smile as her face turned up in a stubborn, implacable expression. 

This was going to be a sore subject, but she wasn't going to lose. 

"I can't stop working. I need to live. I have nothing," she told her adamantly. 

"No work. I'll help you financially. You already do forty hours a week at school and that doesn't include study time. My offer, take it or leave it." She wasn't about to watch her continue to fade away. 

After just one night of decent sleep, the dark circles under her eyes had decreased. 

It would be nice to see them gone altogether and watch her eat decent meals. 

She might have an inner core made of steel, but damn it, her body was fragile. 

"But, I-" 

"That's the deal. Take it or leave it?" She watched her face turn red and her eyes clashed with her in a disgusted stare. 

Beyonce's breath caught silently, and her heart began to race. 

It was a risky move, but where else could she go? 

What could she do? 

But for a moment, for an instant that felt like an eternity, she watched her face, certain that she was going to tell her to go screw himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!

Vote & Comment