Prologue

Percy POV:

After Leo had died in the Second Giant War while fighting Gaea, nothing was the same. The Seven were like a family unit and losing one of them had been a devastating blow to everyone, even if it was Leo. After that Piper and Jason and Hazel and Frank had broken up, Piper had found out Jason had cheated on her with Gwen, Dakota's co-centurion. The finding had devastated her, myself and Annabeth have been doing our best to try and make her feel better, but it has been very difficult, it may be because she is a daughter of Aphrodite. Artemis was quite upset about this to, it made her hate males even more than she already did. (Which I didn't think would be possible). Hazel and Frank on the other hand decided to break up because they believed that with Frank being Praetor of New Rome it would complicate things and they didn't want that.

Following this series of unfortunate events, the gods decreed that the time came once again to reward the demigods; in particular, those who had a direct impact on the prophecy. So here I am, for the first time in months, on Olympus. I have to say that with Annabeth's help it looks greater than ever before, instead of being a collection of palaces and small houses it now looked like a proper city, and a heavenly one at that.

 I have to say that with Annabeth's help it looks greater than ever before, instead of being a collection of palaces and small houses it now looked like a proper city, and a heavenly one at that

Piper had decided to come with us, I think it might be an attempt to avoid interaction with other demigods, Jason in particular. As we entered the throne room I noticed that there were a lot more people than I originally expected, demigods from all camps and minor gods, all in one place to be rewarded for their effort in stopping the primordial of the earth itself.

Before I knew it we found ourselves in front of the massive and beautifully decorated double doors of the Olympian throne room. The doors opened before us and the Olympians took their leave of our group and asserted themselves on their thrones, Hades sat on his guest chair while Hestia sat near the hearth in her 8 year old form.

Zeus took his opportunity to rant off how well the demigods had done and blah blah blah. I won't lie, I lost interest after maybe five minutes. Did he plan this speech ahead of time?

Only when his speech came to a close did I pay attention.

"Now, this marks the second time these demigods have aided us in our time of need in two years. Let us all hope that we no longer have to fear the rise of any other powers who seek to topple us so that we may enjoy this peace. And for the moment we have been waiting for and dreading all at once, it is time to reward our heroes before us."

Four hours later... Call me crazy, but I expected only a select few demigods to be rewarded. This time around, it looked like everyone received their share of the spoils, no matter how small. So many names and faces went by, it was like taking a panoramic photo while rolling down a hill; just an endless swirl.

The only thing that ever stood out were the few demigods not present. I couldn't bring myself to blame them. After such a grueling war, I could think of plenty of things I'd rather do. Sleep, for example.